Would you prefer a different HUD for the PC version?

Nebrule

53 members have voted

1. 1. Would you prefer a different HUD for the PC version?

• Yes
    • No
    • Not Sure

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The relevance of this thread will begin on 11/11/11

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This more or less to help the Modders out there, so share your ideas.

I've heard and read a lot of speculation and complaints about the known HUD in Skyrim not looking like it'll be as user friendly on the PC. Whether or not the PC version will incorporate a different HUD has yet to be confirmed. (let me know if I'm wrong)

If it is to remain the same, based on the footage you have seen. What are some of your complaints, opinions, or wanted changes if any?

Edited by Nebrule

I'd love to see a WASD setup for navigating the menus. For example: hit tab to open menu, hit W for skills, S for map, A for inventory and D for magic. Use A and D to move in and out of layers in that oh-so-familiar iPod layout...I don't like the prospect of navigating a console-tailored menu with a mouse, though. Made my wrist sore in Oblivion.

This preview is the only one I know of that was played on PC, and it hints at a few small things about how the menus work. Seems to be the console version with different button maps; I wouldn't think they'd change it at all just for PC.

Scrolling... I hate that about these games. It's about time games included search functions for particularly long lists.

As for the HUD, I've been fine with the vanilla HUD and menus in the previous Bethesda games, and we'll have to wait until the 11th to see. If it does need a different one, I'm sure plenty of modders will fix it.

im sorry but this is a strange poll. how can u ask ppl if they want something changed without telling wha the alternative is. i mean, some might not really like the HUD but the alternatives modders might supply could be worse.

so as a poll im not sure if it's relevant, bust as a discussion it is.

I cant see how modders will change the menus (might be too hard), but im OK with them.

i think that the size of the fonts is just right and it is designed to fit with the rotating objects and all pretty well.

besides a change in colors (not black but something else) and fonts, i can't see what can be changed to help in any way.

but i agree that navigating them should be done with either the mouse or the WASD. both options should be available.

Only thing i wish was changed is the large bars at the buttom in the main game HUD.

But frankly im not sure where i'd put them myself.

Perhaps make them 50% smaller and stack them one on top of the other and either center them or move them to the left corner.

Im not sure. I gotta see how it looks to appreciate.

Now where is my photoshop shortcut?...

Edited by topeira

im sorry but this is a strange poll. how can u ask ppl if they want something changed without telling wha the alternative is. i mean, some might not really like the HUD but the alternatives modders might supply could be worse.

I cant see how modders will change the menus (might be too hard), but im OK with them.

i think that the size of the fonts is just right and it is designed to fit with the rotating objects and all pretty well.

besides a change in colors (not black but something else) and fonts, i can't see what can be changed to help in any way.

but i agree that navigating them should be done with either the mouse or the WASD. both options should be available.

Only thing i wish was changed is the large bars at the buttom in the main game HUD.

Perhaps make them 50% smaller and stack them one on top of the other and either center them or move them to the left corner.

o_O

This thread is here so can you provide your complaints or "alternative" ideas in hopes that they may be used in future mods. Your last paragraph is a pretty good example.

Once you start using mods particularly from some of the folks on this site, you'll know pretty soon that they are more than capable of changing menus.

The poll is relevant because it provides an idea of what percentage of players wish that something be done about it. If the majority of people vote "No" "the hud is fine the way it is" then some modders will take notice and not waste their time on a mod that no one will use.

As for the Mana/Life/Stamina bars, from what I know there are only two settings to choose from in the game as is. One is called "theatrical" or something of the like, which only displays the bar that is currently under threat or being drained. The other setting simply displays all three at all times. I do agree that they look like they could be scaled down.

Edited by Nebrule

o_O

This thread is here so can you provide your complaints or "alternative" ideas in hopes that they may be used in future mods. Your last paragraph is a pretty good example.

Once you start using mods particularly from some of the folks on this site, you'll know pretty soon that they are more than capable of changing menus.

The poll is relevant because it provides an idea of what percentage of players wish that something be done about it. If the majority of people vote "No" "the hud is fine the way it is" then some modders will take notice and not waste their time on a mod that no one will use.

As for the Mana/Life/Stamina bars, from what I know there are only two settings to choose from in the game as is. One is called "theatrical" or something of the like, which only displays the bar that is currently under threat or being drained. The other setting simply displays all three at all times. I do agree that they look like they could be scaled down.

ok. no worries.

i am sure many would want a change, but i wonder how many will actually have good ideas about it.

i have quit a lot of faith in the modders, but i just think that the gameplay revolves around the menus so i dont think they can be changed that much.

and yeah - i know that the bars , by default, are invisible until they become partly empty and then they show. if i get a time i might try to do a mock up to see where the bars can more to.... see if anything works better. and the compass+enemy health can be shrunk a little bit. just a little. maybe to 75%. the icons on the compass still need to be readable.