Would you prefer a different HUD for the PC version?

Nebrule

53 members have voted

1. 1. Would you prefer a different HUD for the PC version?

• Yes
    • No
    • Not Sure

I don't need a completely different HUD, but it would be really nice if they optimized some of the little things. For example, it would be nice if we could chose a scale for the HUD. I sit about three feet in front of a 27" screen. A menu filled with MASSIVE TEXT is not necessary and only serves to make said menu more clunky. Same goes for every element of the UI, nothing should be HUGE. Edited by Kerghan

I don't need a completely different HUD, but it would be really nice if they optimized some of the little things. For example, it would be nice if we could chose a scale for the HUD. I sit about three feet in front of a 27" screen. A menu filled with MASSIVE TEXT is not necessary and only serves to make said menu more clunky. Same goes for every element of the UI, nothing should be HUGE.

Yeah, from the videos I've seen every time you gain a skill point it looks something like... UNARMED SKILL INCREASED ...which is going to drive some people insane.

Edited by Nebrule

I went with 'Not Sure'.

Of the little I've seen of the ingame HUD, I haven't seen anything horrible about it. It remains to be seen whether I'll "like" using it or not.

In any case, I'm confident our fine group of modders will improve upon it. I look forward to seeing what they produce.

Personally I'd like to see an immersive HUD, like the one made for Fallout New Vegas by gopher.

A HUD that automatically hides itself when not needed.

This is already confirmed as Vanilla in Skyrim - whether or not that includes the status bars on the bottom and the compass on the top I'm unclear.

As far as people who don't care for THE BIG TEXT on skill increases - from what I've heard, it's going to fade in and fade out... only appearing on screen for a few seconds.

I get where you are going, I'm just a wait and see guy. Modders who fix the UI tend to address issues that are aggrevating the community. To pre-emptively assume that THIS WILL ANNOY ME without even having played it strikes me a little cart before the horse.