• The new engine
    • Something New!
    • Enhanced Graphics
    • Salmon!!!
    • Finally Leaving the 3rd Era!
    • Beards
    • Dragons
    • Radiant Story

If I had to choose only one, I'd say the new AI. The new graphics and the new setting are amazing, and I like a good fight every now and then, but I value things like realistic world & social interaction above most any other feature.

There's a lot I'm looking forward to, but what I'm most excited about is experiencing it all on a new engine and all the benefits that come with it. I'm hoping that the the game will be crash free and glitches will be kept to a minimum. Wishful thinking, perhaps?

technically Skyrim isn't using a new engine - it is just using a heavily modified one that is still based on the original gamebryo engine used in Oblivion and FA3. As I recall from hearing a podcast interview from Todd howard : they went through many design iterations until they realised that a complete re-write of the rendering, sound and AI would all have to be completely re-written.

If you are a literature nut, you will find that one of the horrors of America's past was to have to eat salmon. However, this was eastern salmon (Atlantic salmon). In the West we have five different kinds of salmon: Spring, Pink, Coho, Dog/Chum, Sockeye, (plus a land-locked variety). They all taste much better, in my opinion, than the Atlantic salmon; but they must be very fresh, which does not always happen when you buy some from a store or restaurant. The best is within a few hours from the sea or river to your freezer.

The new story, new world to explore and - most importantly - on HORSEBACK! I'm here for the horses :)

Annoyingly, horse games are normally girlie games, or about racing and none of these interest me, I'm all for the tough life, mountains, camping out, exploration, facing the elements :happy: . This is why I fell in love with Oblivion and I can't wait to ride Skyrim's much improved horses.

I loved the Oblivion horse mods and I'm expecting some great ones for Skyrim too :dance: