Robe of the Rouge Mage

spnphoenix92

Hello, I am a beginning modder for oblivion, and I've been having trouble making my custom robes. It's just basicly the green robes, with the green replaced with dark red, and the brown replaced with black. I made the dds. texture and everything, but it won't work right. If someone could make it for me and name it "Crimson Robe" I would be very thankful. Here's the link to the texture file.

robetestureddsfile

Hello, I am a beginning modder for oblivion, and I've been having trouble making my custom robes. It's just basicly the green robes, with the green replaced with dark red, and the brown replaced with black. I made the dds. texture and everything, but it won't work right. If someone could make it for me and name it "Crimson Robe" I would be very thankful. Here's the link to the texture file.

robetestureddsfile

See my reply in your other topic. :thumbsup:

The .dds texture you uploaded is fine and should work in game as is -- though I can not tell if it was saved with Mip Maps (which judging from the reported filesize it does not have) which could be part of the problem -- so first open the texture and resave as DXT3 or DXT5 - since you are using the alpha channel for the shading of the hood added by Madmole (DXT1 will not save the alpha channel and you'd lose the shaded portion in the front of the hood if you save in DXT1 w/o alpha) and ensure that create Mip Maps is checked in the save dialog box !

After that go back and make a copy of the original hoods _n.dds texture and rename the copy robelc02shaded_n and place in the same folder as you are placing the .dds texture (The _N.dds or normal map is needed for the game to know how light should reflect from the model (without it light passes through without being reflected so you get it invisible in game !)

Try that and report back if it works or not.

It still doesn't work. :wallbash:

What folder and name are you using for the NIF and textures ? I'll put it together for you but need to know where you are placing the NIF and textures and what they are named - so I can place them properly for you. Also what Robe\hood model are you using to retexture ?

In looking at the RobeLC02M.nif I notice that mine has been changed by the UOP to use a texture in the UOPRobes folder instead of the original RobeLC02 folder (which could be why yours is not working if you are changing the original but are also using the UOP (Unnoficial Oblivion Patch) version in game !

It still doesn't work. :wallbash:

What folder and name are you using for the NIF and textures ? I'll put it together for you but need to know where you are placing the NIF and textures and what they are named - so I can place them properly for you. Also what Robe\hood model are you using to retexture ?

In looking at the RobeLC02M.nif I notice that mine has been changed by the UOP to use a texture in the UOPRobes folder instead of the original RobeLC02 folder (which could be why yours is not working if you are changing the original but are also using the UOP (Unnoficial Oblivion Patch) version in game !

Thanks! Well I made new folders for the nif and dds files. the nif is in a folder in the meshes folder, and the dds are in afolder in the textures folder.

Thanks! Well I made new folders for the nif and dds files. the nif is in a folder in the meshes folder, and the dds are in afolder in the textures folder.

Yes I figured that but what is the name of the textures folder that you are using ? (Nif folder is not important as it can be placed whereever as long as the texture path inside the Nif remains correct ) but I need to know what folder the textures will be placed in in order to set the path in the NIF file so it will properly find the textures ! (ie. the texture path for the model is saved in the Nif file so the textures must be placed in the correct folder or the model will not show up in game. So if you are placing the textures in a new folder and not updating the pathing inside the NIF it will result in the files not being found by the game which is why I asked what you had named it so I could keep it the same instead of making a new folder with the name I placed on it !

Edited by JDFan

Yes I figured that but what is the name of the textures folder that you are using ? (Nif folder is not important as it can be placed whereever as long as the texture path inside the Nif remains correct ) but I need to know what folder the textures will be placed in in order to set the path in the NIF file so it will properly find the textures ! (ie. the texture path for the model is saved in the Nif file so the textures must be placed in the correct folder or the model will not show up in game. So if you are placing the textures in a new folder and not updating the pathing inside the NIF it will result in the files not being found by the game which is why I asked what you had named it so I could keep it the same instead of making a new folder with the name I placed on it !

Ohhhh ok. The texture folder is named "crimson robe". its in the data\textures folder.

Ohhhh ok. The texture folder is named "crimson robe". its in the data\textures folder.

So it is in Data\Textures\Crimson Robe\ and not Data\Textures\Clothes\Crimson Robe\ correct ? ( and it is a retexture of the Lower Class 02 robe and hood ? Did you need both Male and Female robes ? Also from the Texture name you uploaded it appears you are using Madmoles shaded hoods is this correct ? ) I'll put the meshes and textures together and make sure they are working in game and upload to a share site in a bit -- do you need a copy of the .esp with them placed in game so you just unpack the file I upload - activate the .esp and go pick them up in game Also do you need just one copy or do you want a particular vendor to sell them and have them respawn so you can make various versions by adding enchantments to them ? And any preferred Name for the .esp file ?

Let me know your preferences and I'll check back and then put it together and upload

EDIT :Had some time this morning to work on this so HERE is a download link -- JUst extract the files to your Oblivion\Data folder and they wil be placed properly then just activate the Crimson Robe.esp in your Data options of the launcher.

I placed the textures in the Data\textures\Crimson Robe and the meshes similarly in DATA\Meshes\Crimson Rbe\ . I made the .esp file with the robe and shaded hood (had to fix your texture for this since you had saved it in DXT1 with 1 bit alpha so the shading was messed up (only had a bit of shading at the top instead of a nice faded shading due to the explicit 1 bit alpha instead of grey scale) but it is fixed now.

THe robe and hood havebeen added to a respawning chest placed under the floor of the Divine Elegance store and given to the shop keep's ownership - so she now has them added to her inventory for sale and they will respawn when the cell resets. If you have any problems let me know but all is working properly in my testing.

Edited by JDFan