OBSE Meshes, Icons and Failure

BenKenobe

I decided to look over some of the mods I had done back in 2007 and discovered that I can not change the Icons via OBSE, the meshes are OK and files can be selected as required, no matter where I put the dds files however when trying to change icons the result is always - Invalid directory - which is utter BS since I just browsed to it, I have verified that the folder structure from within the "Oblivion - Textures - Compressed.bsa" file has been reproduced. I am using CS 1.0.303 and OBSE v0009a (have no choice see other post re OBSE v0020 compile failures)

Meshes are in Oblivion\Data\Meshes

Textures are in Oblivion\Data\Textures

Oblivion is installed in a root folder not under 'Program Files'.

Trying to change or add an icon to any object results in 'Invalid Directory' message.

I recall having this issue before, can't remember how it got fixed and it was fixed because I was adding my own, can somebody offer any ideas?

Edited by BenKenobe

As far as I know, OBSE can't detect files that are still in a BSA archive. Try setting up a custom icon directory (such as Textures/Menus/Icons/MyStuff), put the icons you want to use in it and see if you can get OBSE to redirect there. Edited by The_Vyper