Full list of Racial Bonuses

Razthemystic

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Orcs OP? This is a single player game...

Balance isn't something exclusive to a multiplayer game. It's not a question of Orc vs Imperial or anything like that, it's a question of the Orc being able to take on practically any creature in the game without being even remotely challenged. I mean, 50% damage reduction AND double damage? It takes the enemy creatures twice as many hits to kill you and you have to hit them half as much. You can't cruise through the entire game like this but you CAN cruise through every single boss-encounter or equivalent (eg. dragon fights, those priest things, giant spider and such).

So it's not like anyone hates that you are powerful in a singleplayer game, it's more that it seems unreasonable that you purposely have to gimp yourself to be challenged in the game (by not using the power).

Pretty sure someone said this.... I think that it will just be a daily power so it's not like you can use it on everything.

You should read better :P

I said specifically that you can't use it ALL the time but that you can save it for important battles where you won't be challenged at all. Also, you can wait in the game, so if you really want to, you can wait just before an area where you know there'll be a challenging fight and be ready to use your power again. IMO, you shouldn't be able to turn invincible at no cost on a daily basis. At least the ethereal shout forces you to be a pacifist while it lasts, whereas this gives you both double offense and defense.

Pretty sure boss battles will last longer than 60 seconds....

I really hope they do last more than 60 seconds lol. I'm really kind of surprised and glad that this discussed did not turn into a flame war. Way to be :thumbsup:

But like I said some of these could end up being a lot more powerful depending on the make up of the game. For example, if there are a LOT of creatures that deal frost damage the Nords could easily become one of the best races. I'm just glad the racial abilities are more intresting and powerful then they where in oblivion.

Edited by fisban0

Noob question:

When it says +10 archey, for example, what does this mean? That my archery skill starts ar 30 insteadof 20 like everyone else?

Also, i never fully understood what fortify meant. :/ does it oncrease your skill rating by X amount for a few seconds so u regen faster or do more damage?

Edited by topeira

Noob question:

When it says +10 archey, for example, what does this mean? That my archery skill starts ar 30 insteadof 20 like everyone else?

Also, i never fully understood what fortify meant. :/ does it oncrease your skill rating by X amount for a few seconds so u regen faster or do more damage?

You are correct.

They could remove the half damage part of the racial power. Although I still don't think it's over powered unless someone exploits this power by waiting 24 hours every time he uses the power

They could remove the half damage part of the racial power. Although I still don't think it's over powered unless someone exploits this power by waiting 24 hours every time he uses the power

But that's exactly what's going to happen. 99% of the time, you won't need it. But as soon as you come to a challenging fight, you'll turn it to EZ mode. Take a quick nap after one of those fights and it's off cooldown again.

But that's exactly what's going to happen. 99% of the time, you won't need it. But as soon as you come to a challenging fight, you'll turn it to EZ mode. Take a quick nap after one of those fights and it's off cooldown again.

You could do that with any of the powers, Histskin, the Dark Elf ancestor thinger, Wood Elf control animal thing.. I mean if you want to sort of break the game, go right ahead. It's not like you are completely forced to use "EZ mode", as you've put it.