OBMM - Won't Start-up

DodgeOh

Hey, everyone!

I've been using Oblivion Mod Manager for quite a long time now, and suddenly, it just won't start up. Tried running it in Safe mode, reinstalling with .exe, then reinstalling manually, but nothing changed. I checked in the Task Manager's processes tab, and when I start OBMM, it appears for a sec, then disappears.

Read through the Help file, but I haven't found anything.

I am running Win XP SP3, NET Framework 4, and Oblivion GOTY with the newest OBSE.

Thanks for your help in advance,

Fenix

Many applications require an older version of .NET Framework, and will not work properly with newer versions. The catch 22 is that Windows won't allow you to install older versions if you have a newer version installed.

To clear this up you'll need to fully uninstall all versions of .NET Framework (I recommend using Revo Uninstaller for this as it automatically scans for and asks if you'd like to delete left behind registry entries), use Revo Uninstaller or CCleaner to get rid of left behind registry entries, reboot, then manually download all versions of .NET starting with 2.0 and install them sequentially (2.0,2.5,...,4.0).

OBMM requires .NET 2.5 I believe. Go to Add or Remove Programs and ensure you have it. If not, follow the advice from my quote and see if that resolves your issue.

Thanks!

I don't have Framework 2.5, maybe that's the problem. I'll check it out and write back after.

EDIT: I just checked OBMM's page on TESNexus, it said it needs .NET Framework 2.0. Should I still consider reinstalling it?

Edited by Fenix HuN

Hmmm... this is really strange. I removed all .NET Frameworks from my PC with Revo Uninstaller and cleaned up all registry entries, leftover files, etc. (I had 2.0, 3.0, 3.5 SP1 and 4.0), and donwloaded them again. But after a restart, 2.0, and 3.5 just couldn't install. Said it conflicts with previous installations.

Anyway, Now I have .NET 3.0, and 4.0 now (I couldn't find 2.5), and OBMM doesn't work, naturally.

Tomorrow, I'll try to reinstall all the Frameworks again, but now I gotta' go and have some sleep.

I uninstalled .NET FW again, but the same thing happened as before: 2.0 didn't install, 3.0 did, 3.5 didn't, and 4.0 did. Same as before, OBMM don't run.

So I've found an incredibly effective solution: Leave it be, and install Wyre Bash instead. It's kinda overwhelming at first, with all it's tools, but I can set the load order with it, and that's all that matters for now. As for installing .omod files... I'm scr*wed for now :D

Anyway, thanks for your help!