Skyrim on sale in the Netherlands

Delikatessen

Ive got Skyrim today at Saturn Mega store in The Netherlands, pc version for 39euro's.

sad thing is , can't play it before friday.

At the moment i cant activate/ install it on steam, only thing i can is product activation, and thats it......Bummers

Playing right in to the hands of the "use Steam more" developer thinking.

Don't think it will be long before there's Steam-esque locking and unlocking for the consoles as well.

I already expected ps4 and the next Xbox to have some form of DRM. publishers hates used game sales.

With XBox using LIVE and EA using Origin both of which are incredibly invasive, your worried about Steam which only collects sensitive information if you agree to allow it? I would love to hear the logic behind that one, particularly now Ubisoft and EA both install spyware so invasive it could actually get many homeworkers fired for breach of their employment contract. Steam is one of the only gaming clients we actually allow to share space with data, otherwise our employees have to install physically seperate DSL and PC hardware for homeworking.

I am not saying Steam does not have its faults, but these days they are the friendly face of gaming.

Playing right in to the hands of the "use Steam more" developer thinking.

Don't think it will be long before there's Steam-esque locking and unlocking for the consoles as well.

I already expected ps4 and the next Xbox to have some form of DRM. publishers hates used game sales.

About 25% of 360s and PS3s aren't connected to the internet, the number is even higher for the Wii, that's an awful lot of lost custom.

They'll think of something and whats a wii? It plays games I thought it was just a table ornament or that thing people put in their closet after a purchase of a 360 or ps3

Honestly I know like 10 people with wii and that's all they're used for.

The Wii has some of the single finest games of this entire generation on it.

Sure, 99% of Wii games are in fact just shovel ware, but there's some great games for it, and that's before Skyward Sword hits.

Ive got Skyrim today at Saturn Mega store in The Netherlands, pc version for 39euro's.

sad thing is , can't play it before friday.

At the moment i cant activate/ install it on steam, only thing i can is product activation, and thats it......Bummers

What 39euro's? I payed 49 at Gamemania..... did you get a map with yours?

I remember reading somewhere the Microsoft or Activision was banning anyone playing Modern Warfare 3 before it launched. I think something similar happened for Gears of War 3 and Halo: Reach. Only a matter of time until consoles get a 'play before release get banned' policy for all games.

They do that for most AAA games simply because it is easy for them to search for "Modern Warfare 2" and see who is playing it before launch. However, they can't do crap if the xbox is disconnected from Internet. All it takes is a simple pull on the Ethernet cable to be able to play offline prelaunch.

I remember reading somewhere the Microsoft or Activision was banning anyone playing Modern Warfare 3 before it launched. I think something similar happened for Gears of War 3 and Halo: Reach. Only a matter of time until consoles get a 'play before release get banned' policy for all games.

They do that for most AAA games simply because it is easy for them to search for "Modern Warfare 2" and see who is playing it before launch. However, they can't do crap if the xbox is disconnected from Internet. All it takes is a simple pull on the Ethernet cable to be able to play offline prelaunch.

Actually Microsoft actively came out and said they would not be pursuing people who played MW3 early, as long as it was a legit and not cracked version of the game.

So hopefully that means, for the future, there will be no such "play before release, get banned" policy. Because if a game as huge as MW3 doesn't do it, I suspect others won't.

It's bad PR anyway!

Actually Microsoft actively came out and said they would not be pursuing people who played MW3 early, as long as it was a legit and not cracked version of the game.

So hopefully that means, for the future, there will be no such "play before release, get banned" policy. Because if a game as huge as MW3 doesn't do it, I suspect others won't.

It's bad PR anyway!

Lets see, a major game that is supposed to be released on three plaforms at the same time has been released for Xbox four days early (other versions too but they can't be activated). So anyone wanting to play early will have to go with Xbox... The one party that for certain won't be complaining is Microsoft. :wink:

Now Sony on the other hand wont be too happy I'd imagine. If someone will take action on this breach of contract it will prob be Sony. But seeing they had some serious PR issues lately my guess is they'll let it go.

But you can bet your *** that they will now be puching for activation, DRM etc. on next gen consoles.