Mod that moves all Rosethorn Hall interior cells in one singol cell

DavideMitra

Hi all!

I was looking for someone that could make a mod that simply incorporates the three Rosethorn Hall interior cells (basement, bedroom and the other) in one singol cell.

I HATE those annoying loading screens when you have to walk around in your house. That's really nonsense!

Could someone make this mod? I don't know nothing about modding, but I think that it wouldn't be difficult to create, am I wrong? You only have to move the three cells in one unique cell...

And, if you don't want to do/you can't do this mod....what do you think about my idea?

PS: before writing this request, I google-searched for this mod and I couldn't find it.

If you know something about the existance of this mod/if you are able to find it, I apologise for have posted this topic..but I repeat, I searched for it and I couldn't find it :(

PS (2): Sorry for bad english, but I'm from Italy xD

Hi all!

I was looking for someone that could make a mod that simply incorporates the three Rosethorn Hall interior cells (basement, bedroom and the other) in one singol cell.

I HATE those annoying loading screens when you have to walk around in your house. That's really nonsense!

Could someone make this mod? I don't know nothing about modding, but I think that it wouldn't be difficult to create, am I wrong? You only have to move the three cells in one unique cell...

And, if you don't want to do/you can't do this mod....what do you think about my idea?

PS: before writing this request, I google-searched for this mod and I couldn't find it.

If you know something about the existance of this mod/if you are able to find it, I apologise for have posted this topic..but I repeat, I searched for it and I couldn't find it :(

PS (2): Sorry for bad english, but I'm from Italy xD

Depending if you use npc in your house. When you do don't forget to put the seperate pieces into subspaces so the npc know how to get there.

This is also important for the maid that is in Rosethorn. And one would have to change her AI packages aswell.... so it is not so simple as you think.

a lot of things to consider to prevent breaking the game.

And also ; do you not use the displaycases in the house; when you do, maybe seperate cells is better because of the big memory it otherwise needs, unless you use a supercomputer. :)

Sorry for me butting in ^.^

Damn! The things that you are seeing are true! There's another big problem I didn't think before: the maid and her AI packages!

Thank you, you made me understood that creating this mod is not so simple as I thought. xD

However..I'm asking about creating this mod because I downloaded a better house in Skingrad (Stonewall Townhouse, from oblivionsrealestate) but (maybe obviously?) it's not compatible with Open Cities Classic. It's not easy to explain, but if you want to enter the house you have to go to the map and to teleport in its marker (if you don't, you cannot enter through the door). But teleporting in its marker will teleport you in the old separate cell of Skingrad, so, for beeing able to return to the "exterior" Skingrad, you have to go to one of the city gates and press space bar...it's like having not Open Cities!

For my opinion, if you change the interiors of Rosethorn Hall there should be no problem: the exterior should remain the same and it should be compatible with Open Cities, so you should be able to enter through the door...am I wrong? :)

Edited by DavideMitra

If you are asking to be able to enter your house without having to zone, then you are asking quite a lot. Most houses don't line up the door on the inside with the door on the outside too well, and there are houses that are larger inside than the outside would let you believe. These 2 reasons alone prevent the idea of open houses in Oblivion.

No, Keirgarth.

I don't know if I'm talking a good english and I don't know if I'm explaining good..so I'll make an example.

You're in Skingrad. You want to go into your safehouse, Rosethorn Hall.

For going there you have to wait a loading screen..after the loading screen, you will find yourself in the interior cell of Rosethorn Hall.

Now.....you want to go to the basement? Just open the door and go downstairs, without waiting for the loading screen and without going to a new and separate cell.

You want to go to the bedroom? Just open the door and go upstairs, without waiting for the loading screen and without going to a new and separate cell.

I simply want to reunite the three interior cells :) Those loading screens in this house interiors are really annoying :(

Edited by DavideMitra

Should be able to be done but as mentioned it would probably cause a lot of lag unless you have a very high end system -- the game engine loads the entire cell when possible and also has to load the portions that are in your sight direction but not visible - the reason the devs made it 3 separate cells is to let mid level systems run decently there as having all of it in a single cell would be a huge FPS hit on mid level systems but with the 6 years that have past since release newer systems might be able to handle it better so might be doable but as mentioned since the Maid is involved as well would be a bit of work to do without breaking anything else.

Would probably be easier to adjust the house mod you downloaded to move the door to be compatible to Open Cities instead. There is a good tutorial on TesAlliance that covers making compatibility patches for these situations that might help you

Edited by JDFan

Thank you JDFan.

I've already read the tutorial..but I don't understand how to fix the door of the house-mod I downloaded...

In the tutorial they explain how to eliminate some objects from esp files (in that case some barrels and a fallen tree), but I don't understand how to fix the house door to make it available with Open Cities...

Thank you, you made me understood that creating this mod is not so simple as I thought. xD

For my opinion, if you change the interiors of Rosethorn Hall there should be no problem: the exterior should remain the same and it should be compatible with Open Cities, so you should be able to enter through the door...am I wrong? :)

In my honest opinion it all is just more trouble then its worth. Maybe you should consider making your own loading screens so you have something cool to look at while loading :D

No kidding, what you describe I have done for myself with the Bravil House: I pasted different interior blocks together to create a bigger house, this was a hell of a lot work and required a lot of fitting and resizing and creative thinking. Unfortunatly I cannot release this because the mod I made has all kinds of dependencies (like all natural weather indoor).

I myself am not the professional on building and stuff, and I made something acceptable for myself, I'm sure what I can do, you can do aswell, maybe even better. Plus in this will be that the thing you create will be exactly as how you want it, and itll feel good when you look at it ingame and think "did I create this?" ... :) The tricky part is that open cities already changes the cell of Rosethorn to make it link to Open Skingrad (I suppose) so you'll have to be careful not to break that link. Your mod will have to be dependant on Open Cities.

Goodluck on your endeavors to find a good house :)

Greeting EvenstarGW

Thank you evenstargw!

You're right!!

I took a quick look at the house mod you downloaded and was able to make a quick .esp that adds a door from the Open cities entrance into the house (the OC version of the house exterior is a bit different from the one added by the mod - which has a few additions to the exterior so there are a few things which could be a problem if your not careful with it ---

1. I assume you already own the home so did not make any adjustments to that part of the mod and the door I added is ready to go from the start -- So even if you do not own the home you can go inside (don't think that should be a problem but have not really looked at the details)

2. I moved the mods original interor door below the floor (did not want to delete it as that sometimes causes problems ) and then added a new door in its place and linked that to a door in the new Open City location ( the old door went to the Skingrad worldspace which OC does not use)

3. Now a few warnings -- I did not adjust the exterior of the location in the OC version so it does not have the balconies that lead to the outside of the home so those doors still go to the old location inside the Skingrad Worldspace - the problem here is that if you go outside in the city and jump off the balcony you will wind up inside a city worlkdspace that no longer functions (since OC relocates the world and doors no longer go to that worldspace) -- so if you do somehow fall off one of the 2 balconies you will need to reenter the house using the console (like you do now for the main door) --- The main door to the house and the door that goes to the exterior of the city are fine to use it is just the 2 doors that go to balconies that are not linked properly as to do this you would need to add the balconies to the new exterior and there is a bit of work to do this.

AS long as you are OK with this then HERE is a new .esp file that you can add to your data folder and activate so you can use the skingrad door instead of using the console ( I made it by esmifying the Open cities classic.esp and the StonewallHome.esp files so they could be used as masters for the new .esp and adding the door saving and the espifying them back (so make sure while using the new .esp that it loads after the other 2 .esps.

I may eventually add the balonies and new doors to the 2 balconies since I might continue using this myself but this should work for now -- Let me know if you have any problems with it.

Edited by JDFan