Steam preload is available

tylitalo

I was looking at the wrong thing actually, it's as babis8142 says, and DyingAtheist, sorry about that, but it did come down considerably faster than some people seem to be getting. I know a lot of people particularly in remote areas who get snails pace downloads/uploads.

There's still no need to get abusive. It started off as just a quip about download speeds, as (see above) I actually do know that the internet connection issue is a big source of contention for a lot of people (hence my initial sorry) I got the figures wrong, but there is no need for people like FoolyFooly to make jeering remarks like they did. No need for anyone to get so over excited about it.

I'm more wondering about, is it going to really unlock at 12 midnight local time for all? As the Steam counter has been a bit off of late. I know that's what Beth are saying, hopefully they have talked some sense into Steam.

I'd hope it will unlock in time. Steam don't have a great history when it comes to this sort of thing, but I think most people's countdown timers are showing the correct times now.

Mine still says 11pm tomorrow night, so Im kinda excited to see how that works out :)

It can be, as Steam is based on regions, not timezones. For instance, I get the game at 1 am because my region (Europe) is set to GMT (UK time). So midnight in the UK = 1 am here in Denmark.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Downloaded. At 1.0Gb/s, sorry. BT got their fibre optic act together just at the right time.

I find it hard to believe you were getting a 1gb/s downstream from the Steam servers even if your bandwidth is that large.

I must agree, I have a 100meg connection and steam nor any other service has ever provided speeds anywhere near my max DL speed. Max I've seen for steam is 15mb/s. Max ever was 16mb/s from another Korean uploader.

Sorry for so much posts. I haven't been on the last few hours. In regards to steam, it decided to screw us Koreans perhaps. BF3 people we're using proxies to use our IP's to get it 16 hours ahead of time. I won't have it until 8 Hours after PST time does if the time stated on the website of steam is correct. I just hope there some internal mistake but I still get to download it tomorrow as it should be. If not I'll probably use the same method to use those Aussie IP's.

Thanks for notice. I have been playing BF3, waiting and waiting. It's killing me. Very sad. I'm happily married, have a job and this game right now is dictating my daily expectations. LOL!

Big Question regarding STEAM version: STEAM is listing the game as being available tomorrow, 11-10-2011. Is that a special start date STEAM gets as it sometimes does with other new games or is that; 1. a mistake on their part, or 2. Skyrim start date has been moved up? Any STEAM users know that answer?

:thumbsup:

Nice, mine is pre-loading now as well, thanks for the info :)

How can you possibly live with only 20kb/s ; ;

STEAM is downloading for me at 1.5 MB, I'm guessing it will be done well before that start time is a go. Haha!

Edited by ospreyaerie

Thanks for notice. I have been playing BF3, waiting and waiting. It's killing me. Very sad. I'm happily married, have a job and this game right now is dictating my daily expectations. LOL!

Big Question regarding STEAM version: STEAM is listing the game as being available tomorrow, 11-10-2011. Is that a special start date STEAM gets as it sometimes does with other new games or is that; 1. a mistake on their part, or 2. Skyrim start date has been moved up? Any STEAM users know that answer?

:thumbsup:

According to what they've said it unlocks according to your region. I would assume you're Oceanic. If so that might be why. There is no special date that steam gets however. It's still scheduled for 11/111/11. For me it says 11/12/11 though =(