DirectX 10?

Sanbru

It's a DX11 game even, although it isn't utilizing new DX11 features.

IGN: Will the PC version support DirectX 11?

Todd Howard: Yes, but I guess the real question here is do we take advantage of DX11's big new features and the answer is 'not specifically'. Our graphics work centers around doing things that will look the same regardless of platform, and sometimes that implementation will be different on the 360, PS3, and PC.

It's a DX11 game even, although it isn't utilizing new DX11 features.

IGN: Will the PC version support DirectX 11?

Todd Howard: Yes, but I guess the real question here is do we take advantage of DX11's big new features and the answer is 'not specifically'. Our graphics work centers around doing things that will look the same regardless of platform, and sometimes that implementation will be different on the 360, PS3, and PC.

Well I heard they were going to use DX11 just for performance gains. Not tesselation. Not sure if the modders can do anything with that.

Which is kinda strange, seeing how Todd Howard stated he wanted all the games to look a like...yet stated that PC would look better with better textures. Kinda wishy washy on that.

I can't help but wonder the graphical quality we'll see in the next gen console. They will probably use dx11. They must it's so awesome. What will Bethesda do with that? It will be awesome. Probably in a few months they'll start working on Fallout 4 but for the new console. Just like they did with Oblivion. They started before xbox360 was even out. And what about TES VI? They will have a much bigger understanding of the console by that time and it will be 10x more awesome.

It won't use DX10 or DX11 features, which is quite sad.

But since that functionality is there, I'd say probably 1-3 months before there's a huge graphical overhaul that adds tessellation and many other graphic wonders.

Like what EA did with Crysis 2, that would be amazing!

It won't use DX10 or DX11 features, which is quite sad.

But since that functionality is there, I'd say probably 1-3 months before there's a huge graphical overhaul that adds tessellation and many other graphic wonders.

True, but not sure what the folder is all about then.

http://s7.postimage.org/dhu19vy8p/Capture.jpg

Offtopic:

Could you make a screenshot of the data-folder? :)

Which is kinda strange, seeing how Todd Howard stated he wanted all the games to look a like...yet stated that PC would look better with better textures. Kinda wishy washy on that.

Probably higher resolution textures, better anti-aliasing, shaders, things of that nature. But they designed it so that the content was consistent across all platforms. So you get a game that looks good on consoles and great on PC, rather than a game that looks great on PC and awful on consoles.