Addslots

Bael

I`ve been following the Bethesda modding community since Morrowind, and I have noticed they take a very active role in adding to their games the more popular features the community has put out. Now in Oblivion people were big on adding earrings, horns, and other things to their characters head models. However there weren`t any addslots in the construction set to add these, so people came up with clever ways around it like merging the upper and lower teeth meshes and using the bare slot freed up. In the construction set for Fallout 3 they had several free slots for the race models, but I hardly saw them see any use. I personally look forward to all of the things the community thinks to add to there characters and I hope Bethesda still saw fit to have the free slots in the construction set. I do believe that it will lend better to a fantasy setting as opposed to a sci-fi one.

Cheers from the gates of the Citadel. (As long as you don`t have Broken Steel.)

Bael

I wonder if they fixed that issue (I guess it was really a design issue rather than a bug) where Argonians had a tail slot, and a lot of modders used that slot for things like capes and cloaks, so that Argonians lost their tails when using such mods.

I`ve been following the Bethesda modding community since Morrowind, and I have noticed they take a very active role in adding to their games the more popular features the community has put out. Now in Oblivion people were big on adding earrings, horns, and other things to their characters head models. However there weren`t any addslots in the construction set to add these, so people came up with clever ways around it like merging the upper and lower teeth meshes and using the bare slot freed up. In the construction set for Fallout 3 they had several free slots for the race models, but I hardly saw them see any use. I personally look forward to all of the things the community thinks to add to there characters and I hope Bethesda still saw fit to have the free slots in the construction set. I do believe that it will lend better to a fantasy setting as opposed to a sci-fi one.

Cheers from the gates of the Citadel. (As long as you don`t have Broken Steel.)

Bael

it always seemed that the people modding fo3 never really thought earrings and other things really fit into the game world, and it didn't help that the skeletons made it harder to convert them.

i assume that they wouldn't retroactively remove the added slots for items, for all we know they added more. i think oblivion and thus skyrim is more receptive to adding earrings and such, it is fantasy even if it is high fantasy.