What country gets the Steam activation first and what time is it(gmt+-

4dvz

Why wouldn`t it get fooled? I mean, Steam sees my IP address and if it`s from AU, then Steam will read my connection coming from AU, am I right?

If it was really that easy to get skyrim to unlock on steam a day or so early, everyone would be doing it.

You'd be surprised. There were only a couple of thousands of people playing Battlefield 3 early, despite millions having pre-ordered the game.

Why wouldn`t it get fooled? I mean, Steam sees my IP address and if it`s from AU, then Steam will read my connection coming from AU, am I right?

If it was really that easy to get skyrim to unlock on steam a day or so early, everyone would be doing it.

You'd be surprised. There were only a couple of thousands of people playing Battlefield 3 early, despite millions having pre-ordered the game.

New Zealand, they are 12-14hrs ahead, best time to try is 6am ETS tomorrow morning, and it does work. It has been confirmed on a lot of other boards and even on the reddit. Steam will see the ip's timezone and unlock. Just as bf3 did. A lot of ppl in other parts of the world use the same method to buy US released games since the game would normally not be out in their areas for a couples days to weeks.

It is not against any rules to do this as there is no "hacking or cracking" happening, it will have "Officially" been released and that means we can play.

okay you guys have fun with that.

I'm in California, and Steam is well aware of this. Steam suggests the time to unlock for me is currently at 26 hours, which puts me at about 9 PM PST tomorrow (or 12:00 AM EST).

My guess is they'll unlock it for everyone in the U.S. at midnight eastern time.

Edited by xaliqen

Guys... I know everyone thinks this vpn deal is "too easy" to work on steam, but let's face it, none of you actually know anything about these things. Steam actually allows people to use vpns if they want to in order to unlock games early. The harm done in it is none. The game is still unlocking when the developers intended it to, and if someone wants to use a VPN to make their computer connect to the internet through a proxy in australia, technically they're in australia as far as the internet is concerned. Most of those services cost money, and most people won't bother with it. It's not "hacking" or anything foul either, though most hackers use VPNs to hide their actual locations from their victims and investigators. Still, VPNs are mostly used for legitimate reasons.