Information Request From BOSS Team

wrinklyninja

I posted this on the Oblivion BOSS thread, but it'll probably be worth putting it here too.

Skyrim is being released tomorrow/today. If you didn't know that, you do now. If you did know that, and will be getting (installing) the game tomorrow/today, then I need your help. I need to know three things:

• The filename for Skyrim's executable. For example, Oblivion's is "Oblivion.exe".
  • The filename for Skyrim's master file. For example, Oblivion's is "Oblivion.esm".
  • Whether the directory structure is the same as for Oblivion. Specifically, is there a Data folder in the same folder as Skyrim's executable? Does this Data folder contain the master file? If not, I need to know where the executable and the master file are located (absolutely or relative to one another).

I'm not buying Skyrim myself unless I become convinced that it's worth getting, so I can't figure this stuff out myself. This information is crucial to BOSS if it is going to support Skyrim. If you can find out the above three pieces of information, please post them in this thread, unless three others have already posted the information before you. The "three others" bit is for confirmation, but I don't need a hundred confirmations.

Of course, we don't even know if load order will be important in Skyrim, but all signs point to the system being retained, so it's worth being ready in any case (especially since the extra work to support it is hardly anything).

Also, if you want to volunteer to be a committer for Skyrim's masterlist (assuming one is required), or any other masterlist for that matter, feel free to do so. The earlier we get things sorted out the better.

Hey, it looks like:

Executable: TESV.exe

Master file(s): Skyrim.esm (Update.esm is also in this folder)

Folder structure: It looks the same mostly. I'm using Steam so the main folder is in my steamapps folder. Within "skyrim" folder you have the executables and config files. Then in the "data" folder there are the master files and bsa files:

Skyrim - Animations.bsa

Skyrim - Interface.bsa

Skyrim - Meshes.bsa

Skyrim - Misc.bsa

Skyrim - Shaders.bsa

Skyrim - Sounds.bsa

Skyrim - Textures.bsa

Skyrim - Voices.bsa

Skyrim - VoicesExtra.bsa

It looks like they put everything and the kitchen sink in bsa format. No wonder the install size is so low.

I can confirm that:

the executable is TESV.exe

and that the the 'data' folder is in the same directory. and contains the .bsa files listed by the previous poster. Thanks for BOSS by the way, really helpful app.

Hey, it looks like:

Executable: TESV.exe

Master file(s): Skyrim.esm (Update.esm is also in this folder)

Folder structure: It looks the same mostly. I'm using Steam so the main folder is in my steamapps folder. Within "skyrim" folder you have the executables and config files. Then in the "data" folder there are the master files and bsa files:

Skyrim - Animations.bsa

Skyrim - Interface.bsa

Skyrim - Meshes.bsa

Skyrim - Misc.bsa

Skyrim - Shaders.bsa

Skyrim - Sounds.bsa

Skyrim - Textures.bsa

Skyrim - Voices.bsa

Skyrim - VoicesExtra.bsa

It looks like they put everything and the kitchen sink in bsa format. No wonder the install size is so low.