The Great Imperial vs. Stormcloak Debate

Xengeance

759 members have voted

1. 1. Which side will you choose?

• The Imperial Army! Slay the rebel scum!!
    • The Stormcloaks! Drive out those pompous flat-landers!!
    • Not sure. Can I support the Toast Faction instead?

how role the empire now?there was no septim in line after the oblivion crysis.so it just the council?

and were it said that the Dragonborn has a royal line whit the Empire?

his a nordic folk hero,

They choose a new line of emperors.

If you do the dark brotherhood quest line, you murder the emperor and one of the heirs.

• Replies 495
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It took me quite a while to decide which side i was going to take. The Stormcloaks immediately caught my attention because well.....the other side was trying to kill me. Plain and Simple. However as time went on and I read more about what was going on I began to understand the Empire's side as well. However in the end Idecided to side with the Stormcloaks because:

Outside of the reasons everyone else has stated about the empire practically collapsing in on itself as it is, I personally have a strong sense of freedom to worship whoever you please. Although I strongly disagree with the idea of worshipping a human (regardless of how rightous his actions may have been) it's each individuals choice to choose if they want to do so. The Empire banning the worship of Talos, especially at the command of the Dominion instead of its own accord, left a bad taste in my mouth. That's why I went along with the stormcloaks. The nords may be overbaringly patriotic and simple minded when it comes to other races, but overall I believe their choice to chase the Empire out of Skyrim is the right choice. Besides, being the last dragonborn and all, perhaps you could take over and instill some better values about diversity (as if that'll ever happen). In the end it's pretty much a 50/50 good/bad decision though. Just comes down to personal choice.

Interesting Question.

Stormcloak or Imperial?

I read the previous threads and the I liked 2 very much, Toast king I would vote for you if I wasn't voting for me and yes playing the evil Thamriel side would be great.

What I was really trying to do was set me up for King of skyrim and if Possible Emperor.

After all I am THE DRAGONBORN or so they tell me and they are waiting for ME for so looong. Even the Blades (all 2 of them) are mine.

So i didn't sided with any one.

Now I am lvl 43 I can fry a dragon in seconds and they are on the way to get extinct again (stupid lizard) I have managed to be declared a Thane or what ever in most cities (cant decide if I want to crack Riften and have not tried the stormcloak bastion, have to visit Makareth) and I am still hoping to convince them to declare me King.

I fear this is not an option and I cant forgive this to the Maker. Come on guys how could you forget to add this.

I have played since 3 weeks (playing sleeping - going to work - playing) and I wont be declared king? This sucks.

There were arguments for the Stormcloaks and the Imperial both material emotional and funny.

Here is what I would say yes both a gray but I never ever going to swear allegiance to a prick (understand Ulfrick) I would kill him without joining the imperials if this wouldn't disrupt my trade.

Unfortunately this leaves me with defending cities (I prefer burning them down killing the old and sick g. r. the woman and children and raising the city to the ground) instead of attacking.

So Guys from Bathesda get to work and create my side quest so that I can kill everyone become a dragon and eat the rest and declare myself Sun emperor II (Lui was the first)

Cheers ;)

Interesting Question.

Stormcloak or Imperial?

I read the previous threads and the I liked 2 very much, Toast king I would vote for you if I wasn't voting for me and yes playing the evil Thamriel side would be great.

What I was really trying to do was set me up for King of skyrim and if Possible Emperor.

After all I am THE DRAGONBORN or so they tell me and they are waiting for ME for so looong. Even the Blades (all 2 of them) are mine.

So i didn't sided with any one.

Now I am lvl 43 I can fry a dragon in seconds and they are on the way to get extinct again (stupid lizard) I have managed to be declared a Thane or what ever in most cities (cant decide if I want to crack Riften and have not tried the stormcloak bastion, have to visit Makareth) and I am still hoping to convince them to declare me King.

I fear this is not an option and I cant forgive this to the Maker. Come on guys how could you forget to add this.

I have played since 3 weeks (playing sleeping - going to work - playing) and I wont be declared king? This sucks.

There were arguments for the Stormcloaks and the Imperial both material emotional and funny.

Here is what I would say yes both a gray but I never ever going to swear allegiance to a prick (understand Ulfrick) I would kill him without joining the imperials if this wouldn't disrupt my trade.

Unfortunately this leaves me with defending cities (I prefer burning them down killing the old and sick g. r. the woman and children and raising the city to the ground) instead of attacking.

So Guys from Bathesda get to work and create my side quest so that I can kill everyone become a dragon and eat the rest and declare myself Sun emperor II (Lui was the first)

Cheers ;)

I agree completely, where is my 3rd option against all candidates. Kill Stormcloaks, kill imperials, drink theyr blood and eat theyr hearts. Create your own empire whit rules and become immortal via magic / vampirism. There should defenetly be option for player to destroy town completely (all of them in fact)

I'm backing up the Imperials on this one. You can't have a revenge maddened Nord centric leader like Ulfric Stormcloak ruling one of the last intact bastions of the Empire. I mean the Stormcloaks have a relatively noble goal.....its just that it happens to be championed by very narrow minded people.

Being a 40k fan i joined the Empire anyway just so I can shout "For da Emprah!!!" as I am charging at my enemies in full heavy armour with a massive two hander.

For my stormcloak play through when I took one of the cities all the locals said bad things about stormcloakes making them out to be real barbarians, that put me off. Stuff like drunken fights, not bathing regularly, etc. Also the whole thing has a vandals vs roman empire feel to it and I side with the romans, i mean it took europe around 600 years to recover and i can see that happening to skyrim.

I honestly could not side with Ulfric. He just reminded me too much of every terrible rebellion leader who flaunts big ideals but is really only in it for power and control, and after getting it abuses it and then proceeds to slowly ruin the country.

I hate that the Empire is so bloated with bureaucracy, but there's not much chance of Skyrim holding it's own in a war with the Thalmor. Not to mention all the Jarls under Ulfric are completely incompetent, where as the Jarls under the Empire are fairly good at ruling.

I wish there was an option to lead your own revolt and rule Skyrim yourself, similar to choosing your own path in New Vegas though.

I felt it was right to join the Legion for a few reasons:

They may have tried to kill me but seeing as it was a case of eliminating the opposition, they must've thought I was one of them and they weren't going to take any chances with setting me free. Plus some of them didn't think it was right and one of them tried to help me, none of his comrades had any complaints about that.

The Empire provides a further economic growth in their trading establishment which is what fuels Skyrim and stops the Thalmor from taking over.

I'm not crazy enough to let Ulfric have more power.

I'm not a traitor to Whiterun, if you protect the city from the Stormcloaks, the Jarl gives you a house and if you burn down the city, you force him to step down, and I like him as a character. Whiterun also helped me discover being Dragonborn.

Apparently, the Thalmor forced the banning of Talos upon the Empire, I don't think the Empire would truly think like that.

So really it should be KILL THE THALMOR! Which could be DLC, who knows?