The Great Imperial vs. Stormcloak Debate

Xengeance

760 members have voted

1. 1. Which side will you choose?

• The Imperial Army! Slay the rebel scum!!
    • The Stormcloaks! Drive out those pompous flat-landers!!
    • Not sure. Can I support the Toast Faction instead?

Yep. All true. You know, if you make it through Helgen fast enough you can actually catch up with Elenwen on the way back to the Embassy. She's not hostile or anything like that. :D

So she literally just walks out casually while a dragon is killing everybody?

Honestly, almost ever single Skyrim player wants to unite the Empire and the Stormcloaks and just kick some Thalmor ass.

• Replies 495
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know that book that states Ulfric Stormcloak is a sleeper agent for the Thalmor, just Imagine what Chaos it would it bring if you took it to that meating at High hrothgar and placed it in front of him, and then asked him to explain himself.

Also call him a traitor to his own people.:devil:

Edited by Thor.

• 2 weeks later...

What's the point in arguing these? The developer already told you thousand times which side will be the storyline. Look carefully again your shortcut key for the game, was it imperial's insignia or stormcloak?

Wait what?

The empire insignia has been the symbol for TES for a while. It isn't just for Skyrim.

What's the point in arguing these? The developer already told you thousand times which side will be the storyline. Look carefully again your shortcut key for the game, was it imperial's insignia or stormcloak?

Wait what?

The empire insignia has been the symbol for TES for a while. It isn't just for Skyrim.

Also, the symbol on the cover is damaged, meaning that the Empire is collapsing.

@wintercool Hehehe Exactly, as the actual *shortcut* to Skryim is a WHITE IMPERIAL SYMBOL of Akatosh. Forgot about that one, thanks.

Empire is not really falling apart as much as it has fallen apart and regrouped into what we see today. Meaning, the damage is done, sure, however as long as we don't lose Skyrim, everything will be alright. The Empire has changed that's all. And it's Skyrim that's the problem, the entire Empire isn't falling apart, more ahhh in Recovery than actually dieing out - Unless Skyrim secedes. Furthermore, I still maintain that an eventual DLC will allow a return to Hammerfell and when that happens, there will most likely be some main quest that makes it possible for Hammerfell to rejoin the Empire. For just one example, some of the Alik 'r have their house keys on them.

I can't wait for them to release that. Going to be sooooo damn funny.

For all you other Imperials out there, you've got to see this mod:

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=16130

Absolutely Amazing!!!

I've also taken the Liberty of Uploading (5) Screens of it on OCS, top (5) pics.

Edited by bigmagy1981

When I first started the game I was quite a noob. I just followed Hadvar because he had a sword. He actually seemed sympathetic to me even though that wench of an Imperial officer tried to kill me. My first impression was not very good until I started with the big picture. The Stormcloaks are fighting under a greedy man who is discriminate against anybody who isn't a Nord. I chose Argonian. That ass Rolff Stone-Fist said he wanted to throw Argonians and Dark Elves into a pit. They happen to be my favorite races. So I gladly beat the crap out of him in a brawl.

Now on the other hand, the Empire is very forceful. A little too much in my opinion. The fact that they tried to cut off my head for no apparent reason was enough to make me a bit mad. The other thing I don't agree on with the Empire is the Thalmor. As much as I dislike the Stormcloak rebels, I do agree with them on the Thalmor, along with the decision to ban the worship of Talos, who seemed like a really cool dude.

On a side note, the Empire pays more, the Stormcloaks are quite noticeably, to put it frankly, mentally impaired. Along with a quote from a few people stating that they are brutish and smelly and don't show good manners.

Though, yet again, I say that the actual character Ulfric Stormcloak is pretty badass. I made another character to try out the Stormcloak storyline. It was painful killing General Tullius and Legate Rikke, but during the battle you see the valor of Ulfric and his strength as a warrior, along with nicely using the Thu'um to his advantage.

But in all of my ranting and raving, I still strongly side with my opinion to aid the Empire, who has served and protected Skyrim for many years. One man's desire to be king should not overrule the fact that the Empire is powerful and has protected Skyrim and it's people, despite its surrender to the Aldmeri Dominion, which, if you think about it, was the only way to keep the whole of Skyrim intact.

To all new Skyrim players, I strongly suggest siding with the Empire, as long as you are willing to overlook the first scene and can deal with snooty High Elves without losing your temper.