The Great Imperial vs. Stormcloak Debate

Xengeance

760 members have voted

1. 1. Which side will you choose?

• The Imperial Army! Slay the rebel scum!!
    • The Stormcloaks! Drive out those pompous flat-landers!!
    • Not sure. Can I support the Toast Faction instead?

Yeah that's what the Thalmor think. And if Skyrim secedes than the Empire is dead and the door is wide open for the Thalmor to rape, murder and otherwise destroy everyone. Or I should say everyone else because Skyrim would be the last place they hit.

And they are already in control of Hammerfell. They have to be, if the Alik'r are taking orders from them. The Thalmor probably let Hammerfell go with that understanding because they're hunting members of the Royal Family for speaking out against the Thalmor. Wouldn't that be interesting if that's actually what we learn from the next DLC.

It's my understanding the next DLC will be Hammerfell. One clue is some of the Alik'r carry their "House Keys."

There will probably be a quest in there where Hammerfell has the option to rejoin the Empire.

The thing is, the women might have been lying. The Alik'r say that she's lying when you confront them after talking to her. It's up to you to decide whether you believe her or not.

• Replies 495
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, you never know although the Thalmor will send an execution team after you for saving her. Either way, I'm glad to see Titus Mede II get what's coming to him :D

Yeah, the only way to have peace with a fire is to put it out. :dance:

It's no surprise they put a hit out on him though. :thumbsup:

Exactly who put Master Shake in charge of the Empire anyways? :hurr:

Edited by bigmagy1981

Well, I think this is a summary for everyone:

The good guys who happen to have a s*** leader: The Empire.

The bad guys who control the Empire because Titus Mede II is a horrible leader: The Thalmor.

The Anti-Heroes who are destroying the good guys so they can stop the bad guys: The Stormcloaks.

Bethesda did a good job at making it hard to choose. The Stormcloaks winning would divide Tamriel even more but the Imperials winning in the end(after getting a bloody nose) is exactly what the Thalmor wanted according to the dossiers.

Only thing I would add is the Thalmor want no one to win and for the two sides to continue fighting each other. Thalmor are on nobody's side. Also, I know sometimes I'm critical of the Stormcloaks but there are good people in the rebellion. Same with the Empire. That's what makes this so interesting and such a hard decision to make. But I've seen good people twisted and turned by evil.

I just refuse to follow a man who is mad at the Empire's policies, which he made worse and brought them down on everyone after they weren't enforced, then turning against the Thalmor after collaborating with them, giving the Thalmor a reason to enter Skyrim, who instigated another rebellion against a peaceful kingdom, claiming their land as somehow his own, then murdering their people and now he expects me to follow him from Oblivion to Sovngarde and back again with his own rebellion against an Empire that's evil according to him.

If someone like Brunwolf Freewinter or Alvor or Jarl B or Vignor or Sun Killer or Stromcloak Jarl of Falkreath, was leading the cloaks, fine I'd join them in a second. That's different. At least they're honest. But the thing is, even if I did that, the Empire would be no more and I would give up any chance of becoming Emperor myself. And this whole nightmare started because the Empire didn't have an heir to the Imperial throne.

Later!

Edited by bigmagy1981

Only thing I would add is the Thalmor want no one to win and for the two sides to continue fighting each other. Thalmor are on nobody's side. Also, I know sometimes I'm critical of the Stormcloaks but there are good people in the rebellion. Same with the Empire. That's what makes this so interesting and such a hard decision to make. But I've seen good people twisted and turned by evil.

I just refuse to follow a man who is mad at the Empire's policies, which he made worse and brought them down on everyone, then turning against the Thalmor after collaborating with them, who instigated another rebellion against a peaceful kingdom, claiming their land as somehow his own, then murdering their people and now he expects me to follow him from Oblivion to Sovngarde and back again with his own rebellion against an Empire that's evil according to him.

Yeah, that's not happening.

Later!

He never helped the Thalmor, they held him hostage and they tortured him until he answered their questions. Now he wants to destroy them as revenge. Also, the Thalmor dossiers said that they wanted the Stormcloaks to do tons of damage but that a Stormcloak victory should be avoided at all costs. Anyway, Ulfric is a bad man but his cause is just and I think that the Thalmor would prefer the Empire to win.

Edited by shotgun188

Ok and I can respect that.

"After the war, contact was established and he has proven his worth as an asset.The so-called Markarth Incident was particularly valuable from the point of view of our strategic goals in Skyrim, although it resulted in Ulfric becoming generally uncooperative to direct contact."

"Direct contact remains a possibility (under extreme circumstances), but in general the asset should be considered dormant. As long as the civil war proceeds in its current indecisive fashion, we should remain hands-off. The incident at Helgen is an example where an exception had to be made - obviously Ulfric's death would have dramatically increased the chance of an Imperial victory and thus harmed our overall position in Skyrim. (NOTE: The coincidental intervention of the dragon at Helgen is still under scrutiny."

"...so even indirect aid to the Stormcloaks must be carefully managed."

So Ulfric's death would have assured an Imperial Victory and * harmed * the Thalmor's overall position in Skyrim. Then it would have been a simple of matter of rebuilding the Empire and getting rid of Titus Mede II ---> End of the Concordat, reunification of Empire.

The Thalmor are playing Ulfric against the Empire. They want the Empire destroyed... Badly. That's why Elenwen was sent as the "intervention" to try and prevent Ulfric's execution.

Quite frankly, it would be best if the Imperials and Stormcloaks could just settle on some kind of terms. But alas, that is not meant to be because Tullius might honor it but Ulfric won't. Look at his attitude during the negotiation.

Edited by bigmagy1981

Ok and I can respect that.

"After the war, contact was established and he has proven his worth as an asset.The so-called Markarth Incident was particularly valuable from the point of view of our strategic goals in Skyrim, although it resulted in Ulfric becoming generally uncooperative to direct contact."

"Direct contact remains a possibility (under extreme circumstances), but in general the asset should be considered dormant. As long as the civil war proceeds in its current indecisive fashion, we should remain hands-off. The incident at Helgen is an example where an exception had to be made - obviously Ulfric's death would have dramatically increased the chance of an Imperial victory and thus harmed our overall position in Skyrim. (NOTE: The coincidental intervention of the dragon at Helgen is still under scrutiny."

"...so even indirect aid to the Stormcloaks must be carefully managed."

So Ulfric's death would have assured an Imperial Victory and * harmed * the Thalmor's overall position in Skyrim. Then it would have been a simple of matter of rebuilding the Empire and getting rid of Titus Mede II ---> End of the Concordat, reunification of Empire.

The Thalmor are playing Ulfric against the Empire. They want the Empire destroyed... Badly. That's why Elenwen was sent as the "intervention" to try and prevent Ulfric's execution.

Quite frankly, it would be best if the Imperials and Stormcloaks could just settle on some kind of terms. But alas, that is not meant to be because Tullius might honor it but Ulfric won't. Look at his attitude during the negotiation.

The Thalmor didn't want the civil war to end. They want it to last as long as possible but I'm pretty sure they said that a Stormcloak victory should be avoided. Also, I'm interested by Elenwen's appearance. Maybe the reason why Ulfric wasn't executed first was because Elenwen told Tullius not to in their conversation?

Edited by shotgun188

Yep. All true. You know, if you make it through Helgen fast enough you can actually catch up with Elenwen on the way back to the Embassy. She's not hostile or anything like that. :D

So, does anyone else on here prefer using two-handed weapons other than me? Is there any way of speeding up their attack rate?

Another thing I don't like is how Steam is constantly synching so my game is always lagged.

Edited by bigmagy1981