The Great Imperial vs. Stormcloak Debate

Xengeance

760 members have voted

1. 1. Which side will you choose?

• The Imperial Army! Slay the rebel scum!!
    • The Stormcloaks! Drive out those pompous flat-landers!!
    • Not sure. Can I support the Toast Faction instead?

I did my part, the emperial all the way.. Its almost a tie right now, so Seriously the Emperials must win. :devil:

http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/690522-who-are-the-good-guys-in-this-war/page__st__180__gopid__5607441&do=findComment&comment=5607441

Edited by Thor.

• Replies 495
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The imperials are the only thing stopping the thalmor from wiping the floor with skyrim, the minute they leave, the thalmor will march in and blow stuff up. The thalmor know Titus mede is a good tactition (despite being a bit of a corrupt f@&#!t), he took the imperial city with a handful of men with almost no casualties, so they made the civil war to weaken the empire, Titus will have to little men to actually fight back, so they would win... but only if this civil war goes on. The empire is secretly preparing to fight the thalmor again (I interpreted this from several in game dialouge pieces from several imperials), but the stormcloaks are getting in the way. Don't get me wrong, the stormcloaks are right as well, the imperials shouldn't give up their gods, but it was what was needed (Plus ulfric is kind of cool, but he broke under torture, he started this war under instructions of the thalmor, according to documents found inside the thalmor embassy, the talos ban wasn't actually widely upheld until the fighting began!)

The stormcloaks need to usurp their leader and come to a proper deal with the imperials, because Ulfric is saving his own skin from shame, not skyrim.

In my opinion, skyrim should stay with the empire, talos worship should not be banned, and a joint stormcloak/empire alliance should crush the thalmor! (the thalmor remind me of nazis)

I hope the next elder scrolls game will have something about destroying the thalmor involved, because they are nazi pricks who need to be destroyed before we have a final solution style genocide against all non elves (They believe Elves are superior in the same way the Nazi's believed the Aryan race was superior, and while they seem to hate humans less that the nazis hated jews, I'm sure this is only a facade, wasn't Anaco a thalmor? And didn't he try to destroy everyone in the college of winterhold and do something like take over the world with the power of the eye of magnus?)

Edited by Brutii

This post is for all of those going for the stormcloaks. Skyrim and all of tamriel would be in pieces without an empire. Thalmor would be free to take over physically as well as internally. The population of skyrim who are not nords would leave along with those who still support the empire. The stormcloaks by themselves wouldn't be nearly enough power to stop all of the population of summerset isles. The empire has the power to bring all of tamriel together to fight the aldmari dominion. Think for tamriel.

Whichever you pick, I can't imagine a player character that runs off with the imperial instead of Ralof during the tutorial. Hmm... should I go with the guy who was a fellow prisoner but doesn't seem to be a petty criminal, or with the guy who said "Sorry we have to chop your head off." Anyone who picks imperial THERE is brain dead. I'm a little stunned it's even an option in the game. You'd have to be retarded.

**** u. that guy didn`t want to chop ur head, if i remember he said: "what should we do with this one, he's not on the list" , he can`t do anything about it cuz he has superiors.. and after the dragon attacks, he helps u more then the stormcloak. so ... i am offended by u cuz i am one of those "retards" who picked the legionaire instead of the rebel.

OH and if u go with the legionaire .. when u first meet the stormcloaks he says: "hmm stormcloaks, maybe we can reason with them" .. and i went with the rebel to and he didnt reason at all he was "just kill them"

Edited by klau197

Whichever you pick, I can't imagine a player character that runs off with the imperial instead of Ralof during the tutorial. Hmm... should I go with the guy who was a fellow prisoner but doesn't seem to be a petty criminal, or with the guy who said "Sorry we have to chop your head off." Anyone who picks imperial THERE is brain dead. I'm a little stunned it's even an option in the game. You'd have to be retarded.

**** u. that guy didn`t want to chop ur head, if i remember he said: "what should we do with this one, he's not on the list" , he can`t do anything about it cuz he has superiors.. and after the dragon attacks, he helps u more then the stormcloak. so ... i am offended by u cuz i am one of those "retards" who picked the legionaire instead of the rebel.

OH and if u go with the legionaire .. when u first meet the stormcloaks he says: "hmm stormcloaks, maybe we can reason with them" .. and i went with the rebel to and he didnt reason at all he was "just kill them"

Yes, because the Stormcloaks had any reason at all to think they were going to be able to talk it out with the Imperials, when not moments ago they were in the process of putting them all to the block. It totally makes sense that'd theyd resolve to try and make nice with soldiers that had already decided to have them executed.

And Hadvar likely would have just said "Kill them" too, but he was among the few who recognized the dragon as the real problem at the time.

Hadvar has a Conscience, a heart of Gold and a Good soul. How quickly we forget that :D That's why he at least tried to get you out of the execution but the Captain said no. I know this doesn't fit in well with Ulfric's propaganda machine but it is the truth.

Here's another truth: The Imperials could have killed you at ANY time between you being released from the Headsman and going into the keep. Even Tullius could have struck you down with ease. And additionally, Hadvar did not try and kill Ralof! Yeah! The way I see it, I'm no traitor and the Empire thought I was someone else. Cause that's what really happened.

Prime example:

Go Imperial and meet Hadvar outside of Kanvadjaro Place where you go looking for the crown, Hadvar says something crazy like: "Maybe the Imperials and Stormcloaks should stop fighting and team up against the Thalmor" Or They should stop fighting and team up to that effect.

Please don't knock Hadvar's character or try and twist him into an evil person. He's another Good man, just like Jarl B. I could however, understand if people said that about the Jarl of Markarth. I'm personally not too terribly fond of him.

Edited by bigmagy1981

Hadvar has a Conscience, a heart of Gold and a Good soul. How quickly we forget that That's why he at least tried to get you out of the execution but the Captain said no. I know this doesn't fit in well with Ulfric's propaganda machine but it is the truth.

Hadvar is also one man. One good man in an organization of tyrants doesn't make the organization the pinnacle of good.

And additionally, Hadvar did not try and kill Ralof! Yeah!

They may have been childhood friends. That they come from the same village (and Hadvar calling Ralof a traitor carrying some emotional weight from my POV) seems to show that, so its likely that Hadvar spared an old friend having to die by his hand.

Rikke: "Attention! General Tullius has an announcement!"

Tullius: "The rebellion is over. Ulfric Stormcloak is dead. His head will be sent to Cyrodiil where it will adorn a spike on the walls of the Imperial City. Let this day be a final warning to all who would still call themselves Stormcloaks. We are turning the city over to Brunwulf Free-Winter, an honorable and faithful man. Many of you will be staying in Windhelm to aid the Jarl in restoring order and stamping out any embers of rebellion that may still smolder here. In appreciation for your exemplary service, I am doubling your pay and compensation to the widows of your fallen comrades. I am proud of all of you. All hail the Emperor. All hail his Legionnaires! I hate giving speeches."

http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/690522-who-are-the-good-guys-in-this-war/page__st__510

http://static.skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/images/12479-1-1331321311.jpg

Edited by bigmagy1981