The Great Imperial vs. Stormcloak Debate

Xengeance

760 members have voted

1. 1. Which side will you choose?

• The Imperial Army! Slay the rebel scum!!
    • The Stormcloaks! Drive out those pompous flat-landers!!
    • Not sure. Can I support the Toast Faction instead?

Kool. Well we will see then. Anyone on here know when Dragonborn comes out for pc?

I also do not believe the Dominion intended to win the first war. Its my belief that the first war was a ruse to bloody Cyrodiil's nose, and get them to sign the WGC. You are definitely right, the Thalmor are playing the long game, like chess. The Thalmor know they can't beat Cyrodiil straight up. They are playing divide and conquer.

Agreed. That was weird, the Dominion still seem awfuly full of themselves. I think TMII put the fear of God in them when their main army was destroyed, which proved they weren't invincible and set their morale back. The Dominion will be strong enough to take down Cyrodil, especially after this Civil War is over. They are indeed playing divide and conquer and the Civil War is just a distraction. And the more problems the Thalmor cause for the Empire, the easier they will have it next time.

Edited by bigmagy1981

• Replies 495
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I just uninstalled Skyrim. I'm not going to play again for a looong time...

See ya'll later! :D

Btw - I am re-installing Skyrim, oh why not :D IMO it's more fun playing with the Alt start feature (from the Alt Start Mod). They should have just incorporated that into the game. My Orc Knight started out at a Smugglers camp and I was helping fools and taking out morons along my merry way to Whiterun.

A little bit off-topic, but I found it so fun ... rofl ... this was really... an absurdly long time. =P

Hmmmm.... It was the time dilation from the quantum singularity which is used as the ahh "power source" for my mini supercomputer aka "The Blue Dragon". It's a large volume case, loaded with blue lights and breathes fire. While you and the rest of the world experienced 38 mins, for me it was more like 8 hours. :dance: Gotta be careful when I go to play anything on this PC because sometimes I'm late to work and the boss just does not get how quantum mechanics works. And that's not my fault. :thumbsup: Edited by bigmagy1981

I believe you meant temporal acceleration, time dilation could in theory work either way. Indeed there is a very fine line between genius and insanity. Hope you know how to dance :D

So anyways, this will be my last post on this forum for awhile, have some other things to attend to. In spite of it all, my vote remains for the Empire and I think they deserve another chance once Titus Mede II resigns. Especially after I witnessed what happened at that peace summit. The Imperials seem to care more about Skyrim than Ulfric, as all he can do is whine and run his mouth. Tullius's leadership shines during the entire event, as Ulfric clearly can't get that chip off his shoulder.

I wish everyone a Happy New Year and let's hope the Next Year will be better than this one was, goodbye!!!

LONG LIVE THE EMPIRE OF TALOS!!!

Edited by bigmagy1981

I was always pro-stormcloak, and I was always Nord, on my first three playthroughs. Then I played a dunmer, ((a secret descendent of the Hero of Kvatch and Martin Septim, but that's another story)) and I walked into Windhelm to join the stormcloaks, then I actually noticed how racist Ulfric is. I then turned around and ran to Solitude and joined the legion, and now am plotting to overthrow the Thalmor. The legion is fine if you just get rid of those evil buggers and I accept Helgen as a mistake, wrong place, wrong time, wearing a blue tunic.

I find this conflict is a bit like the Israel - Hamas conflict.

Is there any non-racist, non-violent, anti-monarchist and non-nationalist group supporting an independent skyrim i can join? I can not support the stormcloaks. As they fight a good cause with the wrong means. Neither can i support the empire and the thalmor. With their colonialist oppression of peoples from all over Tamriel, at times even Akavir.

Edited by KarlMarx2

Hey guys. Yeah I know, it's a very tough decision to make. Both sides are right, both are wrong. Both Empire and Stormcloaks have their good and bad.

*Sigh* I was talking to one of my friends at work about this stuff the other day. The word on the street is the next Skyrim DLC is going to be called 'Redguard' This is exciting news indeed. It was my understanding one of the earlier Beth games was out of Hammerfell. Would be really wonderful if they went this route. Because there are house keys on some of the Redguards from that assassination quest where they're looking for the fugitive. This makes perfect sense that Beth would take us to Hammerfell next, gearing up for the big DLC later on where the Thalmor conduct their second invasion. Perfect sense. This could also lead to the possibility of a quest(s) allowing Hammerfell to rejoin the Empire. Just like Hoover damn in New Vegas.

I was able to finish the Stormcloak questline and it was pretty intense towards the end. However, I felt so sad killing Legate Rikke and the city felt kinda scary afterwards, being empty of Imperials. I also didn't like what Galmar was saying about forcing all the new jarls into carrying out Ulfric's orders. I had predicted this earlier for those keeping score :D

Definitely glad I went Empire. I remember Legate Rikke was like, "Oh well we'll try and help out the new Jarls and let people live their lives until the shooting with the Thalmor starts again". Dunno about you guys, but that sounds a lot better to me, but that's my opinion. Also didn't like threatening that Talos follower either, seemed like a conflict of interest, like when we attacked Whiterun.

It seems like a much sunnier ending with the Empire. You know, I guess over the years I have gone to several different churches and you know, eventually I've left every one of them because like... well, no one is perfect ok? So someone says something like, "Oh well bigmagy1981 has friends who are atheists or he hangs out with those idiots wearing the bell-bottom pants" You know then the Godly people don't know you anymore, na what I mean? And, one reason I just can't seem to get down with the cloaks is they kind of remind me of these other people. Maybe I'm wrong, but the Empire is practically begging for help and despite the WGC, they seem to be pretty tolerant, at least to me. However, you know when I go Windhelm it's like I'm on trial. I don't how to describe it. I feel like I'm being judged the moment I step foot on Stormcloak soil. Stormcloaks feel very Thalmor to me. It's like they're both on either sides of the extreme.

I do definately agree with some of the Stormcloak material, we're crystal on several different things such as freedom to rule oneself and freedom from persecution. But, like I said that's all just skin deep with them. Because once Ulfric has his way, things change considerably to the 'right'. Personally, the truth in things is found on the middle ground, like a Crucible. Imperials are the middle ground or at least they will be once the Civil War is over. Still, I can't get over that petulant child telling my Orc, "Your city of xyz is an affront to my people" and "Screw you Orc Skyrim is for the Nords." You know, IF the Empire was to be restored and the Redguards decide to come back on board with us and IF the WGC was eliminated, this at the very least would make people citizens again. In other words, there is no Nord Supremacy and there is no Elven Supremacy, it's were all Imperial citizens and we fight for each other. I may be wrong, but that to me is perhaps the most Noble cause worth fighting for in this whole mess. The Stormcloaks imply this, but based on what I've seen they don't express it. Whereas Empire is opposite, they don't express freedom but it's implied. And as bad as the Empire may seem, I have no intention of doing the Thalmor's dirty work and breaking up the Empire which is what the Thalmor want more than anything. To prevent the Empire from making an alliance with Hammerfell. I doubt Ulfric would ally with them because 1) The Nords don't care for Redguards as seen throughout the game and 2) There has been fighting and territorial disputes in times past between Hammerfell and Skyrim and 3) Hammerfell is foreign soil, with Ulfric complaining about being forced to fight other nation's wars. His speech in the end does not equate to his initial complaining and whining about what happened in the Great War. Btw, this is also a response to a personal conversation I was having with another user, I just thought I'd post it on here like I did previously! :thumbsup:

Edited by bigmagy1981

First time through I played as an Imperial, just didn't seem right to be part of the Stormcloaks. Next time I played a Nord and went with the Stormcloaks, first and only time I've done that. I just can't stand Ulfric Stormcloak. Despite everything, there is something satifisying about killing that character.