[Video] I made a quick video explaining why Tamriel's technology is actually regressing.

DylanPerry

Hey there guys,

As the title says, I animated a brief examination of Tamriel's technology, and why it's actually regressing. The video also includes an entry-level summary of Elder Scrolls history for context.

You can watch the animation here.

My goal with this video was to create an accessible entry point for non-lore buffs to jump into the rich history of the Elder Scrolls. Some topics are oversimplified for the sake of entertainment and accessibility, so I'd like to revisit these topics in future videos.

Quick shoutout to the /r/teslore subreddit, who were a great help in putting this together.

Questions, comments, and criticism are absolutely welcome, and I hope you enjoy the video. Thanks in advance for watching!

I'd hope you intend to participate more than just to share your videos, but I will say I liked it. I've never given much thought to Tamriel's advancements, I figured it was simply stagnant technologically due to magical advancements. Even the great technology that is around relies in some form on magic, outside of some grand dwemer creations. Even their existing automatons rely on magic though, otherwise they would have crumbled centuries ago.