Hotkeys problems

daniel42i21

Just taking a quick 30 min break from my first 10 hour session in Skyrim because hotkeys are driving me CRAZY and thought I'd see if anyone had same problem/a solution.

I've been playing a dual wield character and at the moment primary weapon is two (identical) Imperial iron swords. I know how to map hotkeys 1-8 (favourite the item in inventory then open favourites menu, select the weapon/spell and press/hold desired hotkey). However there seems to be a problem equpping dual swords. After pulling out my hair I think its a bug in trying to hotkey any duplicate weapon from your inventory. Spells etc. equip via hotkey and cycles both hands properly, but it refuses to work if you have more than one of the item being hotkeyed (eg more than one of the same sword, bow etc.).

Has anyone worked out a way to properly hotkey a duplicate weapon? I'm guessing its just a bug that will need to be fixed but it's driving me crazy with my dual wielding assassin...

Hoping after playing a bit more it'l solve itself what with me dual-wielding unique uber swords/daggers, but it's a pain in the ass at the moment. :/

I'm having the exact same problem dual wielding War Axes. I, like you, thought that the problem might be due to trying to wield the same item in both hands, but even if I bind '1' to Steel War Axe in my right hand and '2' to a Lunar War Axe in my left, I still get the problem. The hotkeys will only equip the single item in my right hand.

This is becoming very frustrating. I almost wish I hadn't already spent a perk point increasing my dual wield attack strength, so I could just wait until they fix it to dual wield.

Has anyone else come across this issue, or found a way to fix it?

Just taking a quick 30 min break from my first 10 hour session in Skyrim because hotkeys are driving me CRAZY and thought I'd see if anyone had same problem/a solution.

I've been playing a dual wield character and at the moment primary weapon is two (identical) Imperial iron swords. I know how to map hotkeys 1-8 (favourite the item in inventory then open favourites menu, select the weapon/spell and press/hold desired hotkey). However there seems to be a problem equpping dual swords. After pulling out my hair I think its a bug in trying to hotkey any duplicate weapon from your inventory. Spells etc. equip via hotkey and cycles both hands properly, but it refuses to work if you have more than one of the item being hotkeyed (eg more than one of the same sword, bow etc.).

Has anyone worked out a way to properly hotkey a duplicate weapon? I'm guessing its just a bug that will need to be fixed but it's driving me crazy with my dual wielding assassin...

Hoping after playing a bit more it'l solve itself what with me dual-wielding unique uber swords/daggers, but it's a pain in the ass at the moment. :/

Assigning hotkeys is easy. Open you inventory menu. Select an item example iron sword. Press F to favorite it. Close the inventory. Press the Q key to oven your favorite list. Then highlight the iron sword and press a corresponding hotkey. example 1. That's it. Same goes with the spells.

I am having a simialr problem:

When I set up a Favorite keybind (1) for LR Dual-weild weapons and another for my bow (2), I can switch from my bow to my Dual weapons but as soon as I do, the key bind (2) for my bow gets removed from the favorite window and I cannot switch back to the bow.

Anyone else have this issue?

When I set up a Favorite keybind (1) for LR Dual-weild weapons and another for my bow (2), I can switch from my bow to my Dual weapons but as soon as I do, the key bind (2) for my bow gets removed from the favorite window and I cannot switch back to the bow.

Yes, I'm having the exact same problem.

Yes, I'm having the exact same problem.

Yep just tried a DW/Archer build myself and this bug was driving me insane, even if I specifically map one weapon to left hand and the other to right hand, the minute I switch to my bow or a spell, getting both blades back with one hot key is impossible, and even having one assigned R hand and the other assigned L hand and binding them to 1 and 2, hitting 2 puts the weapon bound to 2 in the right hand regardless of it being set to L Hand in the main weapons menu.

Hopefully this'll get patched, its making dual wielding quite pointlessly frustrating unless you simply have no intention of ever using magic, or another weapon type in another slot.

My Dual wield character is having these problems too. It's super duper frustrating. I'm loathe to ever cast a Restoration Heal spell on myself because of the pain in the ass it is to get my dual weapons back in both hands again using the Favorites and Hot Keys. I hope this gets patched real fast.