Ugly characters

Karandhas

If you want evidence about how much it'll break your game or not, I actually have a video on youtube showcasing it;

Essentially you'll see that changing the look and sex of your character has no effect, whereas changing the race damages it irreversibly.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you DyingAtheist, this vid was really helpfull...so sadly showracemenu messes up the character again if race is changed...dang :/

@jim_uk

Lovely character....i guess if you take some time you can make a really good looking one.

@tracysilva

So basically the eyliner is forced...meh dont like this one...if there would be atleast a little slider for changing the opacity...but mods will fix that ...thank you for the info tracysilva.

Edited by pavy

If you want evidence about how much it'll break your game or not, I actually have a video on youtube showcasing it;

Essentially you'll see that changing the look and sex of your character has no effect, whereas changing the race damages it irreversibly.

Nice video and channel. Thanks a lot. I subscribed to you. :dance:

Thirded. I guarentee 80% of the people complaining in this thread are the ones who downloaded manicure mods and skimpy dresses in Fallout. It's the apocalypse, your character isn't supposed to look like a supermodel. Skyrim strikes a great balance between having characters that look like they belong in the setting, while at the same time having a natural beauty. (If you're not completely incompetent with the character creator, that is.)

Also the showracemenu command works fine, so you can change your face and hair at any time and the console is enabled by default. Just don't change your race or gender because it will break your game.

No, you're just projecting ;)

Sorry, but no. The characters are mostly ugly, there's no balance struck here.

Bethesda has just always been terrible at this (and animations).

Edited by Karandhas

It's possible to make good looking characters, just not in every race. I tried making a decent looking Imperial female and finally gave up, I couldn't get rid of the old/haggard look no matter what I did. I'm not asking for a barbie doll, but I would like my toon to look healthy. On the other hands, it's not hard at all to make a good looking Nord female.

http://i.imgur.com/LKbJW.jpg

(Album here)

I wanted a girl who looked tough but still attractive. As some other folks have posted earlier, you can definitely make super sultry looking Nord females as well.

I agree with you Inacomadial999, my initial disappointment with the CC has receded somewhat since I made a Nord character, I wish I had spent a little more time experimenting with the other races, but I was so eager and excited and it was very late at night so time wasnt as available as I would have liked.

I do want to stress that I am unhappy with the CC but not the characters or NPC's in general. There definitely are a lot of nice and interesting looking characters out there.

I did use the showracemenu to change my race to Nord from Imperial and have played about 5 hours quite happily since I did that. What part of the game gets broken? I guess I better check out the video. Thanks for posting that video Dying Atheist. Its very helpful!

@Enthusiast! Beautiful lady you created, I like her a lot, love that mouth, I am using that one for my new Nord too now, best lips in the game I think.

@Pavy I have noticed a lot of peoples characters with eyeliner that is not excesive so maybe races other than imperial have the options to tone it down a lot! My advice for you now that I have spent a little more time in CC is try out all the races for options that you enjoy. I like having a lovely mouth and eyes so they matter the most to me. The Nord ladies options are better for lips (imo) than Imperial ladies I found. As for eyes I will have to say the two races seem the same.

I still think the CC options are very limited for such an amazing game. I am kind of wondering why if you make a small complaint loads of people want to assume you are a fluff head or something. Anyway trying to ignore the nasties in this thread and enjoy the sympathies and helpful advices!

PPS Just watched your video Dying Atheist, well presented and very easy to understand and the penny has now dropped. Thanks! :D

Edited by tracysilva