Ugly characters

Karandhas

Oh my goodness I am glad Im not the only one disappointed with the CC. I found it really hard to make a decent looking lady.

I tried making an imperial woman, the eye choices were really looking like crazy eyes, I found about two that werent so bad. There is no way to adjust size of eyes. Whats with the dark eyeliner? I found it really hard to choose an eye colour too as the eyes are quite small and I had to squint to see what colour they were.

The mouth choices are pretty darned awful too and again no way to adjust size and shapes of lips to your own design. The design of the all of lips there just dont appeal to me at all. Looks like someone sucking on a lemon.

Yes and I agree with previous posters about the skin choices all looking aged. Also the hair colours and textures are very very poor. No way to change eyebrow colour either?

Wow in my opinion I think for a game with this amount of development time spent on it the CC should have been absolutely wonderful. Look at all the mods for hair and make-up and skin textures etc in Nexus, surely these developers know how important it is for immersion and enjoyment that players can create a character that they are happy with?

Well maybe they expect the modders to do their work for them? I know that DA 2 and Mass Effect 2 both dissappointed me with their CC's. So maybe I am overly fussy?

Anyway still looking forward to playing the game but one part of RPG games I love doing is creating my character and this is my first major disappointment for me with Skyrim. Will be looking forward to the work of the modding community with great anticipation now.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

These characters actually dont look that horrid, but yeah its that typical bethesda style look.

@tracysilva

"Well maybe they expect the modders to do their work for them? I know that DA 2 and Mass Effect 2 both dissappointed me with their CC's. So maybe I am overly fussy?"

I been thinking the same over some time too...i had a feeling they supporting the modding scene now only becouse they fix things for them and make the game sell better...but i could be ofcourse wrong.

"Anyway still looking forward to playing the game but one part of RPG games I love doing is creating my character and this is my first major disappointment for me with Skyrim. Will be looking forward to the work of the modding community with great anticipation now. "

I feel exactly the same about it...i can spend hours and hours creating a character to my liking before i really start to play...sadly beth's games were never strong in that aspect.

Overall it seems from what you wrote they simplified the chararacter creation a lot...dang :wallbash:

Edited by pavy

My toon is so ugly I refuse to post any screens. Those chargen sliders are just stupid, particularly how they have sacrificed the ability to alter many of the details of the facial features for the sake of dirt and scars, in which I have zilcho interest.

"I've seen plenty of good looking characters. My guess is most people simply don't like realistic characters, and prefer silly anime models."

Well you guess wrong. I have never made an anime looking character in Oblivion and do not intend to do so in Skyrim. And why is it always assumed that people who lead a rugged outdoor life in harsh climates are going to look like wrinkly prunes? Doesn't always follow. I'm fifty and a real outdoor, horsey girl who has ridden out in harsh moorland conditions, have worked on a farm and arrived in middle age with NO wrinkles at all. I have a number of friends in the Nordic countries around my own age, and they all look remarkably youthful too. There is no reason why the Skyrim toons need to have wrinkles like that.

So far the characters arent looking bad...i like especially symphoni's character wich has a nice natural look to it.

@ginnyfizz

I agree with you in everything...i love to play characters that are visually apealing to me and dont have to spent half day to make them look good..we can say this is tes style of thier races but in some way they look very generic and since you confirmed that the creation was simplified and you cant change the look to make them more unique looking...could have guessed...though still its a step forward from oblivion.

I'm curious to see when i get the game how much is possible to be done with the character creator....so far everything smells a lot of "console in all way" to "the modders will take care of it".

Edited by pavy