Ugly characters

Karandhas

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've seen plenty of good looking characters. My guess is most people simply don't like realistic characters, and prefer silly anime models.

Pretty much this.

Seconded! Skyrim's characters look awesome and much better than Oblivion's in my opinion. Especially the orcs.

Yah, I recall having the same feeling with Oblivion and to a lesser extent with Fallout 3 and FNV.

It can only be done right once modders get a chance to work on it.

Until then, deal with the Bethesda uglies.

THeir art direction has a firm grip on what they want, a world of bug ugly.

That said, I've seen NPC's that were what I was trying to achieve with the creator but mostly failed.

IT seems the only way to tweak the faces to the full extent of what should be possible is via tools not included in the game.

So, patience and take your time. THe mods, they will come.

Yah, I recall having the same feeling with Oblivion and to a lesser extent with Fallout 3 and FNV.

It can only be done right once modders get a chance to work on it.

Until then, deal with the Bethesda uglies.

THeir art direction has a firm grip on what they want, a world of bug ugly.

That said, I've seen NPC's that were what I was trying to achieve with the creator but mostly failed.

IT seems the only way to tweak the faces to the full extent of what should be possible is via tools not included in the game.

So, patience and take your time. THe mods, they will come.

Oblivion was the same way, actually. The Construction Kit included many additional sliders for designing faces that didn't exist in the actual game's chargen. Most of them however dealt with facial asymmetries, like making one eye higher than another.

I've seen plenty of good looking characters. My guess is most people simply don't like realistic characters, and prefer silly anime models.

Pretty much this.

Seconded! Skyrim's characters look awesome and much better than Oblivion's in my opinion. Especially the orcs.

Thirded. I guarentee 80% of the people complaining in this thread are the ones who downloaded manicure mods and skimpy dresses in Fallout. It's the apocalypse, your character isn't supposed to look like a supermodel. Skyrim strikes a great balance between having characters that look like they belong in the setting, while at the same time having a natural beauty. (If you're not completely incompetent with the character creator, that is.)

Also the showracemenu command works fine, so you can change your face and hair at any time and the console is enabled by default. Just don't change your race or gender because it will break your game.

Also the showracemenu command works fine, so you can change your face and hair at any time and the console is enabled by default. Just don't change your race or gender because it will break your game.

Changing gender works fine, just thought I'd add.

Pretty much this.

Thirded. I guarentee 80% of the people complaining in this thread are the ones who downloaded manicure mods and skimpy dresses in Fallout. It's the apocalypse, your character isn't supposed to look like a supermodel. Skyrim strikes a great balance between having characters that look like they belong in the setting, while at the same time having a natural beauty. (If you're not completely incompetent with the character creator, that is.)

Agreed. Some just want to have spickle clean barbie dolls, others want to remake their Twilight idol in Skyrim, it sickens me!

Changing gender works fine, just thought I'd add.

It messed up my game when I tried. Maybe this needs more confirmation. As soon as I exit the creator it breaks gameplay.

Here's a Nord female I made just for this thread. I really don't see the problem people are having.

http://www.skyrimnexus.com/imageshare/image.php?id=305

Edited by FoolyFooly