#2 Skyrim Armor Dye

droscoe2

Look at images and Info below them  

43 members have voted

1. 1. (1st set of images) I am considering sharpening to textures for the dye mod to enhance visual quality (imo). Would you want this? Sharpened armor is on right of vanilla.

• Yes, looks good.
    • No, I prefer default.
  2. 2. (2nd set of images) I'm trying to decide on how dyeing will actually affect your armor in a One-Color system. Do you prefer your armor be dyed based on my own judgement, or do you prefer your armor be dyed completely?(minus buckls,straps,buttons etc)

• I prefer the major parts be dyed, but not all of it.
    • I prefer my armor be dyed completely, except things like buckles,buttons,straps,etc.
  3. 3. Please view the Color Dye schemes below the images. Considering the time to create the mod and file install size, which one would you suggest aiming for?

• One-Color system with 10 colors
    • One-Color system with 16 colors
    • Two-Color system with only neutrals as trim
    • Two-Color system with all colors as trim available

Hmm, was really hoping to hear from more people on this. I don't think I'll do a mod that has over 9,000 textures if not too many people are interested.

To be brutally honest, I wouldn't go anywhere near a mod that clocks in at the amount of HDD space thats going to be needed to store a separate texture for every color and color combo, and the ram requirement for such a mod is going to kill a lot of machines because it all gets referenced into memory when you start the game engine. Not to mention the nightmare that it will be organizing that many texture files.

The only way I would use a mod like this is if someone figures out how to create and use tint channels in NIFs / engine. It must be a small footprint to be practical, TBH. Of course this is all just my opinion, YMMV.