Top Posters In This Topic

Everything up on ultra, maxed out.

1920x1080

Win7/64 bit

4gb ram

4890HD 1gb

XII Phenom, Black Edition

Not sure on the ghz, might be around 3.2/4ghz

Incredibly smooth, actually surprised how smooth it plays compared to the likes of Oblivion/Fallout. They did a great a job optimizing the engine.

Yes, I'm running it on max.

AMD 1100T

GTX 580 3072mb

16gigs on mobo

I'm not sure what the minimum needed is. Crysis 2 uses more vga card memory than Skyrim has been. After a few optimize patches, and some mods there's rely allot of room to fill in the gaps.

Intel Core2 Duo E8500 64-bit @ 3.17ghz

4.00 GB RAM

Radeon HD 5700 (1GB)

Pentium 4 3.06 HT

2.00 GB RAM

Radeon HD 4350 (512MB)

Im running happily enough with high textures and average viewing distances, check your drivers!

Maxed everything, runs wonderfully smooth, with the exception of the tutorial dungeon (Though that could very well have been something in the background derping up)

Win7 x64

460 2Win 2GB (That's basically 2x 460 1GB on a single card in SLI) (Stock settings)

1090T 4Ghz (temporarily UC from the 4.2Ghz I normally have it at)

12GB ram (temporarily UC due to strange issues I have not gotten around to solving from last weekend. Will re-OC CPU to 4.2Ghz when resolved, and clock ram back up to rated)

Skyrim is installed on my bizarrely not-completely-sucky 1.5GB HDD which magically gets read performance that in some categories beats out some of the small SSDs on the aging side, according to crystal mark. (The other 5 HDDs all get significantly lower and more normal performace)

Of note is that I'm currently posting this from an i5 2140M laptop with an HD3000 & 6GB ram, and skyrim auto-selected "Medium" quality graphics. Well, I'm going to see how this turns out in a matter of seconds... ;D

I am currently running it at Ultra settings with no problems. Here is my system specs:

Win 7 64 bit

Q6600 overclocked to 3.6 GHZ

4GB RAM

Radeon 4890 HD (1GB) w/ latest drivers

1920 x 1200 screen resolution

I am getting about 30 fps

Yes, Skyrim told me I was being set on "Ultra High", which was a little bit of a shock, since my ATI FirePro sits at about the recommended level and not way above it like some cards. Game looks great to me, with no tweaks. I am particularly amazed at how good fire looks, specifically the way stuff looks through fire (like the wall being a fire). This is what I got:

Windows 7 64 bit

12 GB Ram

Ati FirePro V5900 2Gb ram

WD 7200 rpm HardDrive, raid 1 (yes, raid 1, I want to protect my data). No delays in loading screens or anything.

Intel Xeon W3565 (quad core @ 3.2)

only problem I found with UI:

I switched "E" to be jump, and spacebar to be open/activate. Now anything that requires "E" does not work other than jump. For instance, reading a book, or selling or buying items. I have to use the mouse and ENTER. Maybe I just need to play around with the settings more....

Also, Skyrim with the above hardware, I have crashed to desktop twice (2) in 10 hours.

Love the game.

Thank you everyone who is helping me with my problem. Keep posting your specs, it is very interesting :-)

I saw a very good increase in frame rate turning off vertical sync. I would have turned the game off again and started raising the settings to see if I can get them higher without losing FPS, but I found myself playing the game for 4 hours or so instead... :-) I am going to try now though and see if I can't increase some settings, ala GoodfellowGoodspring.

Also I am updating my display drivers right now, and clearing about 200 gb of data off my primary hard drive and defragmenting my computer with a program I just downloaded called PerfectDisc. Hopefully this will all help, I would prefer to not buy a new computer until next year so... We'll see.

The game is starting to feel more fun now too, after getting used to the console-ported UI and controls.