Faster walking

Abelius1

44 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like a mod to increase the default walking speed...?

EDIT: "Solved" by the means of a console command "player.modav speedmult xx" I've found that a value of 30 manages to stay a realistic but far more energetic walking&running pace.

Credit goes to Nero203 for suggesting it. Go to message #13 if you want an extended explanation.

Anyway, it wold be great to have mod which allow us to modify the speed with a simple keystroke.

What more can I say...? I think running speed is ok, but the walking one is incredibly slow, IMHO.

I'm not saying to make an unrealistic leap in speed, doubling it or something like that, but a half more could be better to not die by boredom, and not breaking the immersion forcing the character run like a madman in the middle of the city.

Running in the wilds, with the wind in your face and traversing plains like Conan...: EPIC

Running in the middle of a city, with the guards thinking you must be a thief because you're not walking like any other respectable citizen...: pathetic and console-sque. :tongue:

I'll make a poll to see if you think as I am. Feel free to express yourself, please!

Edited by Abelius1

My idea for making this work would be to make the the Caps Lock key actually cycle through a number of movement speeds.

While on foot

1-walk 2-jog 3-run 4-sprint

while on horseback

1-walk 2-trot 3-gallop 4-run

Wow, that would be definitely awesome, yes. If someone feels so adventurous to make something so neat, then please, by all means do! :tongue:

I was coming here to post something with the same idea but since you already post it it´s pointless XD When I started skyrim and just walked to enjoy the scenery I was like is he walking? Another thing I was like :( it´s the walking animation for slender characters, when slender characters wear armour they walk as they were bulky -.- tried to find the correct animations to replace the bulky ones for the normals ones but no use.

"player.modav speedmult XX" would increase your speed by XX%, but that's overall speed. If you don't mind running even faster it will increase your walk speed too.

I believe you could change walk speed in previous Gamebryo games by changing fMoveWalkMult, but that var doesn't exist in Skyrim. I was searching and all I could find that seemed somewhat close was fMoveFlyWalkMult. I couldn't get that to work, assuming it has anything to do with player speed to begin with. There's also fMoveCharWalkBase and that didn't appear to change anything either.

"player.modav speedmult XX" would increase your speed by XX%, but that's overall speed. If you don't mind running even faster it will increase your walk speed too.

Mmm... it doesn't appear to work. Pity.

I've put even 300 at the value, to make sure it does something, but nope...

Thanks for the suggestion anyway.

HOOOOOOLY s***!!!!!!

It works! But only after changing something at the inventory screen. I've selected another type of arrow and the guy moved like a Jedi afterwards, ha ha! :biggrin:

Ok, thank you again then. I'll make extensive use of that command, he he...