Faster walking

Abelius1

44 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like a mod to increase the default walking speed...?

Ok, if anyone is interested, I'll explain a bit more about the command British suggested to me.

The normal movement speed of the character is 100. So...

player.modav speedmult xx will ADD the xx value to that 100 starting value.

Example:

player.modav speedmult 50

This sets the player movement speed at 150% of the normal 100%

If you want to revert back the speed to 100% DON'T write the same command with a 100 value, because you'll add a full 100% MORE to the already faster movement.

You'll need to execute this:

player.getav speedmult

...and you'll get the current value. Then just execute:

player.modav speedmult -xx (don't forget the minus sign) where xx will be the current speed value minus 100. That way you'll return to the default 100% speed.

By the way, you can actually die if jump when at 700% speed... I tried. :tongue:

@Abelius1, thank you for explanation... But i personally want only walk faster. This affects all moving speeds. (walk, run, sprint)

Yup, in fact I would like the same. Actually I was the thread starter after all! :biggrin: But well, by the time being I'll be using this. Not bad for a laugh too.

Ah, by the way, I think (not confirmed) that player.setav speedmult xx would be better, because that "mod" part seems to add or subtract only, while "set" appears to... welll... set the value at that fixed number.

Edited by Abelius1

• 1 year later...

EDIT: "Solved" by the means of a console command "player.modav speedmult xx" I've found that a value of 30 manages to stay a realistic but far more energetic walking&running pace.

Credit goes to Nero203 for suggesting it. Go to message #13 if you want an extended explanation.

Anyway, it wold be great to have mod which allow us to modify the speed with a simple keystroke.

What more can I say...? I think running speed is ok, but the walking one is incredibly slow, IMHO.

I'm not saying to make an unrealistic leap in speed, doubling it or something like that, but a half more could be better to not die by boredom, and not breaking the immersion forcing the character run like a madman in the middle of the city.

Running in the wilds, with the wind in your face and traversing plains like Conan...: EPIC

Running in the middle of a city, with the guards thinking you must be a thief because you're not walking like any other respectable citizen...: pathetic and console-sque. http://www.thenexusforums.com/public/style_emoticons/dark/tongue.gif

I'll make a poll to see if you think as I am. Feel free to express yourself, please!

Step away from the console, guys, and step into the MCM era. :) Such a mod already exists and it is called SkyTweak. Lets you adjust a LOT of values, including movement speed..