Psychic guards?

LoofSquared

Seems like there's some tweaking to be done to the guards in Skyrim also, unfortunately. Just came here to ask if anyone else has experienced anything similar, just in case.

So, I just killed this person, in an interior with two other NPCs in there. This particular person was awake and I just quickly sliced her down. It was night, everyone else was asleep, and stood asleep, so they never witnessed the kill. Now, when I took my leave and got out of the house, I was almost immediately confronted by a guard telling me I'm a murderer. Now this, as you most probably understand, annoys me greatly. Seems like an honest assassin can't make his living in Skyrim.

I suspect something Oblivion like is going on.

I've not done anything like that in my game so can't comment.

But I did notice the ONE stupid chicken I hit on accident caused a s__tstorm of hate

to descend on me. The chicken was merely struck, not killed.

I ran my character out of town for nearly two miles. There were a group of a few town

npcs chasing me down , relentless.

At some point there was a group of Imperials wandering down the path from some other town

at which point they all whipped out their bows and turned my poor character into a pin cushion.

Yah, it happened just like that.

Stupid ass chickens.

No idea if in my case it is a bug or working as designed.

Skyrim starts to sound very Oblivionish indeed.. For now, I might just consider not going on with the DB questline, I actually have to pay more than I get. Guess we'll have to be waiting the Creation Kit release, and some AI tweaks from whoever'll do it, quite sure it'll be done at some point anyways.

If you do it very sneakily 9 times out of 10 the guards won't react, if anything it's greatly improved over the Oblivion system.

Out of the 4 kills I've done for the Dark Brotherhood, I've had three where I wasn't detected at all by anybody and a fourth where I killed the only other witness there and it popped up saying that my bounty had dropped.

It doesn't work perfectly but the system is far better than Oblivion.

Ugh I hate psychic guards, one of my first obliv mods was to remove them.

But hopefully it's improved like you say. I did kill a chicken in the dead of the night and someone three houses away started firing arrows at me. He must REALLY love that chicken.

It looks like there's still work to be done in terms of improving the guards. There've been a couple times where, if I don't let an actively hostile NPC hit me first before I fill them full of holes, all of the guards descend on me.

This also happened when no other guards were present, and I took down a hostile character who was coming straight for me, then I go outside to find 15 guards ready to make me their personal pin-cushion... :confused:

Edited by xaliqen

I guess the problem with me is; I like to go and wake my target up telling them their time has come. Pretty sure that's what triggers the bounty, although it actually shouldn't, as it's quite impossible for anyone else to hear. But I guess the sleeping NPCs are considered witnesses.

Why was it impossible for anyone to hear? If someone screams and there is even a slight struggle it would be very loud outside a wooden hoot or even poorly built stone buildings. Maybe it is a bug but maybe Beth were trying to make it asa realistic as possible but didnt balance it right.

Oh, I am quite sure it could have been heard outside, though I find it weird the others were still sleeping and a guard caught me the other side of the town, even when no one saw me exit the house. In fact, you shouldn't get a bounty on you even if everyone knew there's something going on if they didn't see you do it and you manage to exit the house without being detected. Edited by Neokore