Skyrim is Very Disappointing, A Major Let-Down.

David Brasher

I played Morrowind years ago, I played Skyrim for a few weeks and now decided to give Oblivion which I skipped before a try.

Honestly on my Dell Laptop (iCore5) with an Intel Onboard Graphic Card, Skyrim had given me no issues and no complains, it ran medium graphics settings just fine, It just heated up like a little toaster after a few hours. And framerate dropped to unplayable if I lose the power connection, since the CPU scaled down. But other than that, no problems.

Oblivion on the other hand gave me much more of a fight, had black screens at first, since the graphic cards has no "shading 2.0" support, I needed to install "oldblivion" to fix that, on a PC that ran Skyrim before without any complain, and was built years after Oblivion released, it told me its too old for oblivion :/. Than random crashes, until I fixed my .mp3 player. Anyway, at least now this all set out, I can run Oblivion on max settings without complains, first time ever for me on a game to set anything graphic related to max :-)

Edited by faifh

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really don't get all the complaints about Skyrim's requirements. They are almost the same as Oblivion's - a 2006 game! For a 2011 game, it's really very forgiving. Just don't crank all your settings up to the max.

Try playing Metro 2033, STALKER or just Crysis on most rigs that run Skyrim on high no problem...

Funny thing is I'm playing skyrim on a PC 6 YEARS old. 2xXeon (Nocona core 3.2Ghz), NVidia 8600GT). The frame rates arn't great But acceptable, better since I dropped particles by 2/3, changed :-

[Particles]

iMaxDesired=750

to

[Particles]

iMaxDesired=250

• 2 weeks later...
upgrade to 1.3.1 and then get skyboost, maybe realistic lighting, and play around with some other settings such as shadows, you might be able to bring up the fps, update your drivers, etc, then you should be alright. skyrim isnt very well optimized for pcs, i dont know why, it was just a complete lack of foresight from a company thats been making these kinds of games for years