Your Own Faction

apixaez

While RTS and Wasteland Defence come close to what I want, I actually always liked the idea of having your own faction where you could shape your surroundings to your liking, like in the Mothership Zeta Crew mod for Fallout 3.

Now I'm not asking to get your own spaceship and whatnot, but it would be nice if you could inspire people to follow you as in having them in your own faction, maybe creating or modifying towns to fall under your (faction's) protection, have battles for towns or maintain relationships with other factions based on your player's karma (for example a good relationship with the BoS lets your faction's soldiers use power armor) and with DLC support lets your faction use advanced technology from the Big MT or start up your base of operations there while you conquer the Mojave.

To elaborate a bit more on your "base of operations", it would be nice if quests get included so you can expand your base of operations to include for example an armory where you can equip your soldiers a certain way, a clinic, and so on.

For some reason, while this might be partially to do with being the courier (a lone wanderer), I always feel "alone" in the wasteland .. and having the option to influence the Mojave to your liking with your own faction/army while you battle it out with either the NCR or the Legion, would feel satisfying. Not to mention I always felt like once you went for the option to "guide" the Big MT under your supervision, you instead of the scientists there could make the Mojave "your own playground".

Now I realize this would be a complex mod and not to mention a big one, but I would love to see it and would be immensely greatful if anyone would find it in themselves to make the effort to make it happen, even with the help of others or a team.

And on a side-note inn a way I think RTS could work as a template if you decide to create your own towns, but influencing/conquering other towns to fall under your protection or even having the diplomatic option for that to happen would obviously be an easier choice I think.

I also wouldn't mind brainstorming for the mod if you run out of ideas, because I have plenty (Return of the Chi anyone?) or to help out in other ways.. My modding experience however isn't that extensive due to RL commitments (job, gf, etc.) and me usually limiting it to porting from FO3 and creating a few new weapons/making retextures..

So yeah .. please make this happen! :)

Thank you for your time.

While RTS and Wasteland Defence come close to what I want, I actually always liked the idea of having your own faction where you could shape your surroundings to your liking, like in the Mothership Zeta Crew mod for Fallout 3.

Now I'm not asking to get your own spaceship and whatnot, but it would be nice if you could inspire people to follow you as in having them in your own faction, maybe creating or modifying towns to fall under your (faction's) protection, have battles for towns or maintain relationships with other factions based on your player's karma (for example a good relationship with the BoS lets your faction's soldiers use power armor) and with DLC support lets your faction use advanced technology from the Big MT or start up your base of operations there while you conquer the Mojave.

To elaborate a bit more on your "base of operations", it would be nice if quests get included so you can expand your base of operations to include for example an armory where you can equip your soldiers a certain way, a clinic, and so on.

For some reason, while this might be partially to do with being the courier (a lone wanderer), I always feel "alone" in the wasteland .. and having the option to influence the Mojave to your liking with your own faction/army while you battle it out with either the NCR or the Legion, would feel satisfying. Not to mention I always felt like once you went for the option to "guide" the Big MT under your supervision, you instead of the scientists there could make the Mojave "your own playground".

Now I realize this would be a complex mod and not to mention a big one, but I would love to see it and would be immensely greatful if anyone would find it in themselves to make the effort to make it happen, even with the help of others or a team.

And on a side-note inn a way I think RTS could work as a template if you decide to create your own towns, but influencing/conquering other towns to fall under your protection or even having the diplomatic option for that to happen would obviously be an easier choice I think.

I also wouldn't mind brainstorming for the mod if you run out of ideas, because I have plenty (Return of the Chi anyone?) or to help out in other ways.. My modding experience however isn't that extensive due to RL commitments (job, gf, etc.) and me usually limiting it to porting from FO3 and creating a few new weapons/making retextures..

So yeah .. please make this happen! :)

Thank you for your time.

I have also been looking for something like this

I support. I always envisioned you would have the Sierra Madre restored and refurbished as a base of operations, Big MT restored and referbished as a scientific/jmilitary center and yoru capitol would be Hopeville in the Divide while also harnessing the weapons and equipment there.

I've been thinking about this, too. I think it would be cool to be able to create your own faction, under your own flag, and do whatever you wish, be it an independant wasteland, battling NCR, friendly with NCR... Whatever. Choice is open I would guess. Open trade and diplomatic relations and etc and bring New Vegas under your thumb! Even a new lands expansion for this would be great!!

I support. I always envisioned you would have the Sierra Madre restored and refurbished as a base of operations, Big MT restored and referbished as a scientific/jmilitary center and yoru capitol would be Hopeville in the Divide while also harnessing the weapons and equipment there.

Along with the main post i give this one my full HELL YES!!! The fact that you can't actually do what it says you do when you take control of Big MT which is spread the useful bits of it's knowledge/tech through the wastes, combined with the knowledge that the DM vending machines are from Big MT, as was all it's other tech. makes me want to scream..as does the fact that they never did an "You can play after you beat the main quest." DLC like broken steel since supposedly the very disappointing LR is the final expansion.

And I would love to see an ability to do all the rest mentioned in the main post...being able to change things in the world is something that feels like it should be the core of the games for the Fallout series..and beyond certain very limited ways you can't make any positive change to anywhere in the wastes, though admittedly you can kill and burgle everyone in a town, so evil bastard playthroughs are totally covered...unless you want to go the conquering dictator route.

Along with the main post i give this one my full HELL YES!!! The fact that you can't actually do what it says you do when you take control of Big MT which is spread the useful bits of it's knowledge/tech through the wastes, combined with the knowledge that the DM vending machines are from Big MT, as was all it's other tech. makes me want to scream..as does the fact that they never did an "You can play after you beat the main quest." DLC like broken steel since supposedly the very disappointing LR is the final expansion.

And I would love to see an ability to do all the rest mentioned in the main post...being able to change things in the world is something that feels like it should be the core of the games for the Fallout series..and beyond certain very limited ways you can't make any positive change to anywhere in the wastes, though admittedly you can kill and burgle everyone in a town, so evil bastard playthroughs are totally covered...unless you want to go the conquering dictator route.

Please if someone does make this dont make it require DLC

the DLCs give the best angles to do so though .. sure, you could start from "scrap" in the wasteland yourself, but to what advantage would anyone join your faction over others? You do not provide technology, safety, menpower, etc.

Unless you're able to influence some of the smaller factions under your banner ofc, lets say for example, the Great Khans or the Remnants ..

the DLCs give the best angles to do so though .. sure, you could start from "scrap" in the wasteland yourself, but to what advantage would anyone join your faction over others? You do not provide technology, safety, menpower, etc.

Unless you're able to influence some of the smaller factions under your banner ofc, lets say for example, the Great Khans or the Remnants ..

Mabye you could also take over fractions like caesars legion if you get enough fame

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...