Companions

lonegreywolf20

Not sure if they're needed - so many companion ideas have been incorporated into the game.

But - let me play a few dozen hours and we'll see what's needed.

I dont know if I'm missing something or not, but the two companions I picked up have nothing much

going on with em. I don't even see anything remotely like the FNV default companion wheel. No way to ask them to stand off

or hang in closer, to focus on ranged or not if desired, things like that. No sleep here commands, nothing. Just trade

and wait here or dismiss them. Hell, no back stories even. Just nothing.

So your comment leaves me baffled.

Now, take two of the best companion mods I'e ever seen done in any game, Willow and Wendy mods for FNV make the companions

in this default scenario very sad indeed.

So, yes, lots of room for improvement. A in game NPC companion shouldn't try to resemble a dummy as much as possible, the default

ones I've run into so far do exactly that.

I hope ya have a chance to see what Willow and Wendy were like in FNV. THey were and are awesomly crafted.

Hold the "use" button on your companion and you can order them to do certain tasks. Not quite as deep as Fallout but it's pretty decent. I think they wanted to keep it simple.

Anyways, agreed on the whole backstory and depth aspect. I'd like to know more about them and wish they had more character.

• 3 weeks later...

Ok, many hours into the game - existing companions leave a LOT to be desired. Bethesda just created NPCs that follow you around - no real interaction, no story integration, no fun at all. And I thought I would have nothing to offer...sheesh.

At least we don't have to waste time creating the basics. We just get to make it real.

----waiting on creation kit....