ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

FireBolt persistent <R> Equipped glitch *FIX*

nefariouslover

There is a bug that several people have mentioned online.

I found no solutions on google.

So I set about fixing it myself.

player.removespell 00012fd0

(The following steps are what I did and not necessarily needed but can't hurt)

Equip a 1hander

Equip a 2hander

(End questionable steps)

player.addspell 00012fd0

You now should be able to equip two spells that AREN'T firebolt at once. <LR>

The bug, if you're curious, is that once you obtain Firebolt, and equip it, it's persistently stuck in your right hand, you can equip 2handers, or even 1hander swords, but trying to equip Flames in both hands for the double channel effect wont work, you simply can't swap off of it being in your right hand.

Even removing the spell via console leaves it stuck in your right hand, and you can't swap off of it. Thankfully when I re-added it for further testing and troubleshooting I was able to double equip spells again.

I suggest not using Firebolt if you haven't already, or if you have fixed it, I would then remove the spell again via console (untested) after saving, to avoid further glitches.

If this fails to fix the bug for anyone, feel free to say so. I don't have a lot of ways to validate that this will work for anyone else but I figured it'd be nice to have documented somewhere since I couldn't find a fix when I looked.

Can you please tell how did you find out the spell code? i have the same problem dual wielding 'healing', the only way i currently know to change my right hand spell is to favorite it, bind it to a numpad shortcut and double tap it to shift it to the right hand. Then i'm stuck with it till i do the same for another spell.

Or you could just tell me the code for 'healing'. :D

Can you please tell how did you find out the spell code? i have the same problem dual wielding 'healing', the only way i currently know to change my right hand spell is to favorite it, bind it to a numpad shortcut and double tap it to shift it to the right hand. Then i'm stuck with it till i do the same for another spell.

Or you could just tell me the code for 'healing'. :D

Elderscrolls/Skyrim wikis out there have pages for each school of magic, all their spells (that are obtainable through non-console methods e.g. normal play) and their associated hex value.

Also 1.1 patch appeared to fix this for me.

Another fix I've read and appeared to work was 1-8 favorite menu keybinding. Even with "Flames" stuck on my <R> if I keybound Healing to 4, and hit 4 twice, I'd dual-wield healing.