Anyone ignoring skyrim?

Kiyasumeni

87 members have voted

1. 1. Continuing to play Oblivion?

• Yes
    • No

By the time I'm ready, Skyrim should be up for some big discounts on Steam and have a healthy collection of patches & mods.

This is what I'm waiting for before I get the game. There's no disadvantage to buying the game later, as enough people buy it on day one. A large amount of bugs will be dealt with either officially or unofficially, the mod scene will have gained a fair bit of ground, and by then the game will have been on a good sale.

So in a nutshell, exactly what I did with Oblivion.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Skyrim is great, Oblivion was great. But I have the PC to play it and $60 is not much to spend on a game that gives you so many hours of play time. I'm glad so many people are still enjoying Oblivion but it had many problems of its own and I haven't played it for over a year if not longer. Thank goodness for Skyrim, I had been getting so desperate I was playing a little Rage before the release.

*Edit* I would like to add I am glad to play full price on release for Skryim to reward the developers who make the games I like. There are far to many games out that I don't like and far to many games that aren't worth the DVD they are distributed on.

Edited by csgators

Morrowind is good, Skyrim is OK and Oblivion is OK. However with mods Oblivion is decent.

I find Skyrim certainly very impressive visually, but also very monotonous - it's one awesome landscape... one. All the same everywhere. And visuals aside, it's like watered-down Oblivion, which, with Oblivion being watered down already, isn't good.

Im with brittainy, steam is a pain and the constant pop ups cause skyrim to crash,often.The interface is awful and I got seasonally adjusted disorder after 5 or so hours. My pc is quite high end so runs skyrim on ultra mode which unfortunately shows up the lacking complexity in the texturing, no match for qarls!

the good points - great choice of voice actors, proper snowstorms (yes relentless snowstorms) and a brilliant main quest and lots of immersion ideas as standard.

I just miss trying to get the 100-200 or so mods running in harmony like in oblivion. And yes oblivion is my own modded idea of paradise, buggy, unpredictable and npc interaction is not as good but I prefer it and skyrim is now gathering dust. Shame but whats a game with no annoying fan?

Hoosah!

Personally, I'm not all that into Skyrim, though I wont deny that it is an absolutely AMAZING game compared to most other games.

To me, I just didn't fit into the storyline that much...

!!!!!SPOILER ALERT!!!!!

I have to say, I did like the questline with those two blade people, I forgot the man's name, but the woman's name was Delphine.

!!!!!NO MOAR SPOILERZ!!!!!

Also, I am VERY disappointed in the weapon and armor selection in Skyrim! I was expecting at least double the types of armor! At least! I mean, yeah, Daedric armor and glass armor look cool and all, but after a while, I want more of a selection!

I was also hoping that they would bring in a little more glory to daggers. Personally, I love daggers and I think that they are very underrated in Skyrim.

Also, whats up with the pathetic amount of spells in this game? seriously, theres only like 100 of them! Where did the variety go?

C'mon Bethey, you can come up with better then this, when you have had 10 years. I expected a masterpiece, not a clone with a few buffs off of Oblivion. Not to bash or be offensive or anything, just stating my personal opinion.

I mean, Skyrim is fun, I played it on the xbox for 5 hours straight, but I just can't get nito it like i can with Oblivion...

Plue, I hate steam. It sucks. The constant popups, the processes that demand ram from it, the game-dominating agreements, just.....no. No. Goawaisteamplznouthankzbai.

-~Isra

Skyrim has been wiped off my pc. (And bloody Steam along with it! :dance: )

Sticking with Oblivion and hoping to download Morroblivion soon as well.

I had high expectations for Skyrim, especially in the interaction department. Depending on whether the modding community can bring back life to the game or not, I might have to follow your example.

I played for a few days until we found out when the CK was coming out. Then I stopped because my playstyle isn't really supported yet. In Morrowind, in Oblivion and now in Skyrim, I remain a collector and displayer. I do like that they apparently added display options to the game (Didn't see any before I stopped) but it needs a real display area (something along the lines of ArmoryLab from Oblivion or Mormegil Manor from Morrowind) before I can really enjoy the game to the fullest.

Do absolutely love the game though and can not wait to jump back in...Right now though I am in Oblivion with a Bosmer Dragoon working on my bow skills.