Marriage Mod (Request)

Elof Valantor

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I married Mjiol from Riften. She can be a follower, she has a store and gives me money, and she cooks food once a day. Also, she brought her boyfriend with her, but I killed him.

I think a polygamy mod is a great idea and might not be too hard. One spouse per house? Also, add sex. I don't know how it would work, but I need it to happen!

this mod would be pretty cool(haven't rlly found any use for getting married so far) but if i could have kids and have them die fighting the dragon while i stand back shooting magic then yea, this mod would definitely help motivate me :psyduck:

Lore wise (Cuz lore is awesome) From what I can gather Courtship is nonexistent because of Nord tradition "because of the harsh environment" (or whatever non-since that guy at the temple said) and to be honest i was ready to let that one slid but after I go married nothing happen. Sure you get a nice bonus for sleep in the same house and 100 gold everyday or so from your spouse but I nothing else. I would love to see more involvement then "Hey honey got the gold" "yeah its right here" "Thanks now I'm going to sleep to get some bonuses then leave you for another month or so to help out the world."

Yes! Another bump for this mod. :)

I'd like it best if children were optional. And please, if not courtship, add affection and possibly romance. Vanilla marriages are a little...cold. I'd like to see them warmer.

And gorgeous wedding dresses. Please. :) Though I'm predicting a cottage industry among modders for wedding dresses...

Consider this another voice in support of a marriage mod! <3

I love the idea of courtship, dates and quests, but I wonder about voice acting. How would that be handled? Would this be applied to vanilla game characters or would it be completely new characters created for the mod?

Real wedding clothes = win. Perhaps even wedding music? Inviting people seems too complicated, but I can relate to the sentiment. Also, post marriage interaction is also a wonderful idea, I can’t stress this enough!

Sadly, I think the children concept is awkward. Do they look like the parents? What if it’s an argonian imperial mix, or equivalent? Is the mother pregnant for 9 in game months and then gives birth to what looks like a 6-7 year old child? It’s too problematic. I prefer the idea of adoption, where the gamer could choose to install the mod with the child they wanted, rather than having a pick in-game (easier). This also takes care of the heterosexual/homosexual aspect; no, gay people can’t procreate, but they can surely adopt.