Marriage Mod (Request)

Elof Valantor

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You already have "sex". When you sleep in the same house of your wife/husband, you get XP bonus by an effect that I don't remember the name. It seems to me like sex.

You already have "sex". When you sleep in the same house of your wife/husband, you get XP bonus by an effect that I don't remember the name. It seems to me like sex.

But its not explicitly "hey honey lets get it on" that i think people would want. I say fade to black after a dialogue choice to remove all doubt xD

Not same sex marriage bashing, not in the least. But I think only Adoption should be avaliable to same sex marriages. But thats just me.

I really like this MOD btw, and I think we should also be able to level up our kids skills to match or compliment ours. So if we're a two handed best, we give them a bow, tell them to stay in a spot in stealth and they can pop shot people we give them clear views of.

Not same sex marriage bashing, not in the least. But I think only Adoption should be avaliable to same sex marriages. But thats just me.

I really like this MOD btw, and I think we should also be able to level up our kids skills to match or compliment ours. So if we're a two handed best, we give them a bow, tell them to stay in a spot in stealth and they can pop shot people we give them clear views of.

wait but shouldnt the kid stay inside to play with the other kids of the city? i say we are able to craft toy bows or training bows (that sort of thing) and take the kids out to the shooting range or something. Journeying with a kid i think is a little crazy dont you think?

wait but shouldnt the kid stay inside to play with the other kids of the city? i say we are able to craft toy bows or training bows (that sort of thing) and take the kids out to the shooting range or something. Journeying with a kid i think is a little crazy dont you think?

Yea i mean like LOOK THERE IS A DRAGON, KILL IT SON!!! :psyduck:

• 1 month later...
Sadly, I think the children concept is awkward. Do they look like the parents? What if it’s an argonian imperial mix, or equivalent? Is the mother pregnant for 9 in game months and then gives birth to what looks like a 6-7 year old child? It’s too problematic. I prefer the idea of adoption, where the gamer could choose to install the mod with the child they wanted, rather than having a pick in-game (easier). This also takes care of the heterosexual/homosexual aspect; no, gay people can’t procreate, but they can surely adopt.

I think I have a rough idea of a solution but it involves a bitr of (I'm hoping seamless) BTS work.

As for the species, it's a straight 50/50 tossup. Essentially a d2 roll.

After sleeping with her (you can already sleep in the same bed. someone can work out "new animations" later. hint: You could probably use the moans from a zombie NPC as "sound effects"; will require testing) you're presented with a popup saying that she's pregnant and to wait 9 monthes.

Now for the cop out: After the 9 months has elapsed, while on the road the Player is approached by a courier, delivering a note with the good news. No need for Voice acting. As you can imagine the note tells the player to get back home pronto.

As for the lack of babies in the game the only compromise I can think of is to take the child actor, reduce the model's scale and outfit it with some modder-made baby-esque clothing.

As time goes on the scale for the model rises until the adult model is used, starting from smaller scale and jumping incrementally (all jumps done while the Player is away, essentially a Schrodinger's-child).

All that's left is naming (generated or player chosen?) and behaviour. I'd imagine that upon marriage a new faction should be created BTS for the household/family and as children are produced they're added to the faction. As for what these kids/eventually-adults do? I'm sure a simple villager/townsfolk script can be written. It could even include trips when the child is away doing some adventuring of his own. It could even lead to him/her being a companion themselves.

As complex as the mechanics of having kids in Skyrim is, I'd like to see it and think it'd be worth it.

NOTE - I know with this subject there's always the question of people playing women. One solution (and this could work for both genders) is to simply timeskip until the child is born. Alternatively the player could continue to adventure (with debuffs stacking as the pregnancy goes on if you want realism) and eventually, once the time has run out, gives birth in a scripted event. I'd suggest grabbing the sound files from the intro to Fallout 3 for a headstart on the dialogue and other things that'll be needed.

That's all I can think of. Good luck.

As for the lack of babies in the game the only compromise I can think of is to take the child actor, reduce the model's scale and outfit it with some modder-made baby-esque clothing.

This would end up looking creepy as hell. Anyone remember the twisted mutant horrors we got from the "Children of Cyrodiil" mod?

NOTE - I know with this subject there's always the question of people playing women. One solution (and this could work for both genders) is to simply timeskip until the child is born. Alternatively the player could continue to adventure (with debuffs stacking as the pregnancy goes on if you want realism) and eventually, once the time has run out, gives birth in a scripted event. I'd suggest grabbing the sound files from the intro to Fallout 3 for a headstart on the dialogue and other things that'll be needed.

Heh, I hope the mod would give you some warnings, first. Otherwise...

ALDUIN: Prepare for your inevitable demise, Dovahkiin!

DRAGONBORN: Oh yeah? You won't be- urp! Aargh!

ALDUIN: Uh... are you alright?

DRAGONBORN: I think my water just broke!

ALDUIN: Ew, gross.

SHOR: Look at what you did to my rug!

And so on...

The idea of improving the lacking marriage interactions is awesome!

(In all honesty who hasn't wanted to cement the marriage with the "Wedding Night" tradition)

And more spouse functionality is always a good idea. I'd suggest an auto level mod be intergrated with this, so if you decide to take them with you you dont suddenly end up a widow.

(Or a means to revive them at least)

I fully support the idea of this Marriage Mod being created