Waay too difficult?

GoodfellowGoodspring

82 members have voted

1. 1. Are you finding battling difficult?

I don't think either. I think there's an imbalance. I can walk down the street and beat up a dragon or two, and then get owned by a mountain lion or bear if they get in two quick hits. Likewise with camps of enemies. I can have a fair go at most of them and then get one-shot instantly out of the blue. Edited by Reddimus

I don't think either. I think there's an imbalance. I can walk down the street and beat up a dragon or two, and then get owned by a mountain lion or bear if they get in two quick hits.

That's because the dragons are all leveled differently. For example when you're a low level they are mostly only level 10 and when you become a higher level they can range from lvl 10 - 50

I'm playing a stealth/thief character on medium-high difficulty (adept?) and it's a really good balance at this point (still in Whiterun). Bandits go down after 1 or 2 sneak attacks from my bow and I can take around 7 hits from a 2-handed weapon in light armor + shield. Giants have proven to be quite tough, even when I spawned one in the city it managed to take out about half the guards before it died.

I was actually pissed at how easy this game was i almost returned it but then I found out I could change the difficulty level. Now that its on the highest setting its actually fun.

I HATE games that are easy. I want an intense experience that gets my adrenaline pumping

Try to use some magic and join the mages guild. its real easy heres a video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yEffg9EM_8w

Sadly it's only going to get harder. You can balance it out though. One handed skills get very powerful(blade skills can increase damage to 20-40-60%). As others have said frost trolls and giants aren't to be tangled with unless you're "prepared".

I'm currently level 23. Focused on one handed and destruction spells, wear heavy armor but haven't added any heavy armor perks. If you work on your perks you will find it easier.

Some of the responses in this thread crack me up. Especially the ones that say I am on Master difficulty and find it easy! Of course these gamers have their toons wearing Full Heavy armor and casting Destruction spells! Of course it's gonna be easy outfitting your character this way.

Most RPG's share some sense of balance amongst heavy armor and spell casting. Since Skyrim is free form with no limitations its up to the individual player to set restrictions.

Personally I love a challenge so will be playing my Rogue character which will wear nothing heavier than Light armor, only daggers and bow as weapons, no magic whatsoever aside from alchemy to make poisons. Going to be interesting in the latter levels how this toon fares but it's been real fun so far. Love the melee style this go round with Skyrim as opposed to the clunky melee interface from previous releases of the Elder series.

Yep....Magic/weapon combo, one in each hand works very well.

If you dont like magic then why not a shield with an axe/sword? Least you can block and defend.

Two dagggers?.....thats for creeping around the shadows and back stabbing :tongue: