Footprints (Really, Bethesda?)

Moogiefluff

That's right, footprints are needed. Once again, it wouldn't bother me so much if I could always be in 1st person, but when you're forced to look your horse strangely walking above deep snow without leaving prints, it fells very strange.

The main reason I want footprints is for tracking. One of my favorite things to do in skyrim is go out and just hunt. If i could track footprints to an animal, that'd be kickass.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lol. I was running around in the snow, hoping I'd sink into some drifts about waist high. Just because.

And I was disappointed when that didn't happen. I thought to myself "the people who made this game must come from California or something and don't understand how snow behaves"

But reading your request for footprints in the snow made me chuckle to myself...footprints and sinking into snow drifts!!!! :P Please?

Seriously Bethesda missed lot of cool features including rideable boats and ships.

oh gosh I really need rideable boats :(

I have been waiting for this game ever since Oblivion is released.

do you even know Zenimax registered Skyrim as a Trademark before you folks know about the actual game?

I have been with Skyrim always but finally I am not impressed.

guess Two Worlds 2 is better at least it has rideable boats. and large seas, but gameplay is horrible.

Kudos to Moogiefluff for posting this. But I agree that footprints in the snow (at least) would be make this game much more immersive. One of the things that happens in snow, is prints of yourself. I've read some of the posts here and I have a suggestion, you don't have to have the game display every footstep you or others make, but you leave a "trail". Just like a line drawn by a photoshop brush that's a little randomized. And it doesn't have to be 2k resolution. And if you meet 3 bandits in the snow, your scuffle can just be a big low rez blob in the snow. Footprints in the snow, in my opinion, would make this game that much more immersive and it just makes sense for a game that features cold snowy weather! But some indication at least would be nice.

I actually thought coming from oblivion that they would fix this :P - It was a test for me to see if they were going to put footprints in and to my big suprise they didn't? Funny that - seeing as THE WHOLE GAME IS BASED ON A SNOWY TEXTURED/ORIENTATED LANDSCAPE - SKYRIM? Yeah thats all - :P seems pathetic bethesda missed this rofl :wallbash:

mounts of snow heaping up on dead creatures/bandits? :P

footprints in snow, hmm i hardly noticed that being busy thinking up story lines for my one-eyed breton knight :P

and all the stuff i get to explore as of yet :biggrin:

however I do think you guys are right and should be worked on :thumbsup:

• 6 months later...

LMAO, really?

The 100 hours of gameplay and more

beautiful scenery

amazing and life like options

great interactions

and so much more

you had to point out no footprints in the snow?

That just comes across so ungrateful and you are clearly looking into this game far too MUCH!

stop the fanboyism ok?? It is not Daggerfall, so it does not deserves so much praise.