• I don't play Oblivion
  2. 2. Character gender in Skryim

• I play as a female
    • I play as a male
    • I mostly play as a female
    • I mostly play as a male
    • Both genders
    • I don't play Skryim
  3. 3. Why do you play as a male in Skyrim and not as a female?(I'm just curious)

• Becouse of the location/weather/climate(snow, mountains, cold)
    • Becouse Skyrim looks more dangerous
    • It feels like the right thing to do
    • I always played as a male, no other reason
    • I wanted something different this time
    • I don't

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been playing CRPGs for a couple of decades, and I only play as a female. In fact, if the game won't allow that, I won't buy it. Why? Because I am female, and I like to play as "me."

My thought exactly, except for the fact that I'm male and I like to play as a male.

I play as female and I'm a guy. Reasons are basically, would you rather watch say Wesley Snipes run around in Blade, or Kate Beckinsale run around in Underworld? I tend to think of an RPG as more of a movie, rather than myself roleplaying in the situation. Edited by DZ302

I play as female and I'm a guy. Reasons are basically, would you rather watch say Wesley Snipes run around in Blade, or Kate Beckinsale run around in Underworld? I tend to think of an RPG as more of a movie, rather than myself roleplaying in the situation.

I don't watch anyone run around. I play first-person. I play as "me," but I appreciate a strong and friendly female companion. The game can get lonely. I know, I know, some of you prefer the companion of a horse, but....well, I won't go there. :)

I also tend to create a character after myself, as I'm actually roleplaying the game. Heck, I even name my characters Nero and make their faces look as close to mine as possible.

Also, I'd rather watch Wesley Snipes run around in Blade, 'cause he's just badass. http://www.thenexusforums.com/public/style_emoticons/dark/armscrossed.gif

I used to play first person to back in Oblivion. I'm curious to find out how exactly will my character behave. From what I red, no to good. Anyway, that was a nasty, yet good horse joke, lol... :laugh:

Regarding the poll, things are getting back to normal, female players(that have a female character) are catching up male players. Soon they will take the lead.

Just a little bump in order to get more votes and therefore make this poll more accurate. Male players still win thus far, but I have a feeling that's about to change. Well, let's see... :thumbsup: