Help importing a model into Skyrim.

GUnitXIII

I'm very new to modeling in Skyrim, I made a couple weapon mods for Oblivion but I've been very hesitant to start in Skyrim because of the limitation of the nif scripts. I'm not too concerned with the shape of the model yet, it's a bit bad, but I want to make sure I'll actually be able to get it in-game before I spend any more time on it. I've exported it as a nif using the proper settings (As Fallout 3) which works, but the problem is that I have to then delete the NiStencilProperty to get it in game. This works, but for some reason the model comes out partially see through. I've been working for hours trying to find workarounds, copying and pasting effects but nothing has gotten me any closer. I tried placing the NiStencilProperty into the working .nif and, while it fixes the see-through error, it causes the creation kit to give it a marker error. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

When exported as a 3ds, it shows up just fine in 3dsMax. A lot better than it does in either screenshot.

**Edit, I was playing with the model in Blender and it turns out triangulating the mesh has the same effect in Blender. No idea why this happens.

Edited by GUnitXIII

• 4 weeks later...