Can I use all containers in my Breezehome without worrying?

PolyOlefin

sorry for newb question?...... why do people collect these books?

cant you just read them for skill gain (off some books) and leave them behind??

I don't read all the books (some)...but I've found that after playing these games for hours and hours...I like to prominently display my items throughout my home. Putting your books in a bookcase (or on a desk) is just another way to personalize your space. Is it absolutely crazy...YES...but I certain get somekind of satisfaction from it.

And if Snowsong is correct...and the game automatically sorts your books in the bookcase, this is fantastic news. In Oblivion you had to use Telekinesis to pickup an object and move it somewhere...only to very clumsily knock all the books off the Bookcase and have to start over. :facepalm:

Yes. That's where I live, and the chests and containers are fine. They don't re-spawn. Also, did you notice that if you click on the bookcase, you can store books there and you'll be able to see them in the bookcase afterward?

Unfortunately, I scrimped and saved to muster the 5000g to buy the house... I only have 4 gold right now. I'm looking forward to trying the bookcase once I buy it!

Where is the breezehome?

I was using Uthgerds home in Winterrun before I purchased Breezehome.

You can sleep in the bed there, Uthgerds home.

Far as I know the containers there were safe from respawn and I was using them to store some things. However, that

said it could be I had not hit the respawn time frame during the time I was doing so, a good 15 days had gone by I think.

Some of the items were framed in red )like dragon bones) but when I took them from the container it was not listed as

stealing and I later stored them in breezehome containers and they are not red now.

So that is a cheap alternative for folks. Just beat Uthgerd in a bar fight and you get the option for her to be a companion, plus

she has a key in her trade inventory for her home. Just take it, she won't mind.

I found her a great companion until I decided to go with Lydia.

Still have access to her pad too if I so desire.

About dropping items on the ground:

Once a NPC picked up something I dropped and returned it to me, saying:

"Be careful, next time it could be a dishonest person finding this..." (Not actual qupte)

Also, in the wilds there's Scavengers, picking up stuff from bodies etc. Don't know if they'll do that to stuff lying on the ground as well...

I've not been able to get the 5K gold for Breezehome yet, if you have trouble getting the cash (or using it on other stuff...). try joining the wizards in Winterhold to get your own room there. Or you could try using a container somewhere, and save -> fast travel to check on your stuff, reload from time to time, until you get a place to call your own. This trick can also be used to store goods near a trader, avn selling off as much stuff the trader can afford with each visit, and return a "day" or two later to sell noer stuff. (travel back instead of reloading, of course...)

I'm partial to the ones in Markarth, Soilitude, and Windhelm. The one in Riften is nice as well, the Listeners Quarters in the Sanctuary is a good place too, when the CK comes out I'm going to be combining some parts of my favorite houses to make myself a mansion

For the weapon racks to display your weapons, you just activate them, it takes your currently equipped weapon and puts it on the rack. The bookcases act as containers, but you can only store books, and only a certain amount of books on each shelf.

For the weapon racks to display your weapons, you just activate them, it takes your currently equipped weapon and puts it on the rack. The bookcases act as containers, but you can only store books, and only a certain amount of books on each shelf.

The weapons rack in Breezehome would not work for me.

Do you get the "Activate" prompt on the screen? I know one of them is difficult to activate because it's so close to the shelves by the door. Have you tried the weapon plaques?