Skyrim companions/followers constantly switching to their default weap

Pacerot

This happens especially with bow's, i have yet to find a companion that will actually use the bow i give him/her, i already tried 3 of them none used the bow, they use the armor and shield and melee weapon but never the bow i mean can anyone please tell me if there is a way to fix it, i mean i can see the bow behind on they back and when enemy approaches they all just switch to their default hunting bow even tho i remove it from their inventory, so what should i do?

Yeah I didn't really have this problem as long as I removed their default weapon from their inventory. Also, they seemed to automatically choose which ever weapon did the most damage (even choosing to use a staff over a bow and wasting away its charges on mudcrabs). I did notice though that I couldn't remove the bow from lydia's inventory, just her greatsword. Sorry I couldn't be of more help!

any way to make dogs STFU? the one i have barks to damn much and gets in my way a lot, annoying in small hallways....to bad i can't dismiss him just yet..it's a quest ><

Quiet Dog mod

Edit: and on-topic, I have had this problem once. But my companion died, and I've been using Lydia now. It's not consistent it seems, she's currently using the glass bow and sword that I gave her...

Edited by natelovesyou