[Help] Trouble triggering custom dialogue for settlement vendor

I am attempting to add a vendor with custom functionality to settlements. The idea is that when i assign a settler to the stand, the standard vendor barter dialogue options will come up, however when the barter option is pressed a custom script will be ran. I have made the custom vendor stand and related faction to assign to a settler when they are assigned to the stand. Ive also added the dialog in the WorkshopVendorGreetingsGeneric quest with custom messages for both the player character and assigned settler.

This is where the issues arise. When i talk to the assigned settler, the player character says the generic message 'I just want to trade a few things' message, as if the settler isnt assigned to an object. However, the settler then succesfully says one of the custom messages assigned to them when they are set to the custom vendor faction. After this nothing happens, no further dialog option or even the inventory window.

Is there another area i have to add the dialogue to? Or have i simply done something wrong when adding the dialog to the WorkshopVendorGreetingsGeneric quest? I have double checked the faction requirements for each dialog option i added and they seem to be correct.

Appreciate the help!

• 11 months later...

Hi there! We are trying to do the same thing for a mod we are working on! Would you be interested in sharing your plugin with us so that we could take a look at what you have done so far? Then we might be able to identify where your dialogue problems are coming from and maybe we can help each other out! We can write dialogue decently well but we can't seem to get the quest to properly reference the assigned NPC. Would you like to collaborate to help solve this issue?

Hopefully we can help each other out!

The White Collar Players