De-SK a Mod

Kkatman

There is a great-looking little mod called Fallout Pool Party which adds the ability to create swimming pools, including the falling water steps from The Institute. Unfortunately, the mod was last updated the better part of half a year ago, back when SK was a thing. Now that SK is no longer useful, I was hoping the modder would create a new version that does not rely on it. But the modder seems to have dropped off the modding scene. Anyone know how to strip the SK requirement from a mod? Or the best place to go to get this done?

Alternately, does anyone know a good mod that offers the same?

Edited by Kkatman

Thank you for your help!

I agree that Build Your Own Pool would be perfect for my needs if only it included the Institute water steps which are the building element I am most interested in.

I am a complete newbie to modding. I'm guessing I'd be able to do the first two steps, but I don't understand what you mean by "clean masters"? Also, where would I find SK keywords? And where would I find a list of suitable vanilla replacements?

Right-click on the name of the plugin, and click "clean masters". This removes any masters that aren't used in the plugin. When you load up the plugin you want to clean, it should automatically load all its masters. Check the load order number of SK (should be 01 iirc), then open the constructible objects entries of your plugin. Any reference to an editor ID that starts with the load order # of SK (01xxxxxx) should be replaced. Find a constructible object in the base game that goes into the menu you want, and use the same keywords as that.

I really hate to be a bother, but I don't seem to be able to do this. I think the problem might be that I do not have SK. After all, the entire point of removing an SK requirement from a mod I want is because I emphatically do not want to install SK. Is it possible to remove the SK requirement from a mod without having SK installed?

Edited by Kkatman