Inventory Sub-Categories

korenogamer

This is a great idea, the miscellaneous category could really use them for soul gems, quest items, gemstones, leather, brooms and pots and stuff, torches, etc. The new system was a step in the right direction but it really just isn't enough.

I also thought it would be great if you could have your own user created sub folders in the favorites menu, so you could have like one for magic and one for potions, or one for one gear set and one for another.

For that matter i don't see why you can't set more than one item to a hot key. I think you should be able to assign as much as you want, so you can quickly jump from dual wielding axes to a bow to a spell and shield combo, and back to axes, or have a number of total load-outs for different situations, like nice clothes with personality buffs on 1 and your fighting load-out on 2.

Another thing that would be nice is if you could separate the stuff you want to keep from the stuff you want to sell somehow, like just having your favorites pinned to the top with a separator line between them and the rest so you don't accidentally sell things you want to keep or have to spend lot's more time picking things out to sell.

With so much loot in this game you really want a system in which you can effortlessly and intuitively get to what you want and do what you want with it, without ever having to think about it because you already know where everything is and how to get to it easily, and with a few tweaks I think we can have that system.

Hey Luke. In regards to your statement about quick swapping back and forth with one key, I know a way...

Step 1 - Equip a sword and shield

Step 2 - Open your favorites with "Q".

Step 3 - Mouseover your bow and press "1".

Now when you press "1", it swaps back and forth. However, if you equip anything else, like a 2 hander or some spells, "1" will cycle between the bow and whatever you last had equipped.

Edited by korenogamer

Hey Luke. In regards to your statement about quick swapping back and forth with one key, I know a way...

Step 1 - Equip a sword and shield

Step 2 - Open your favorites with "Q".

Step 3 - Mouseover your bow and press "1".

Now when you press "1", it swaps back and forth. However, if you equip anything else, like a 2 hander or some spells, "1" will cycle between the bow and whatever you last had equipped.

Yeah I knew you could do that but it's really just not effective, also I found that whenever I pulled out my bow, then tried to hot-key switch it to a sword and shield, the bow would for some reason just lose it's hot-key, maybe that's just me.

I wrote another post on this topic more fully detailing my idea's if you want to check it out. I included a link to this one since it's what inspired me to start typing.