Belt Driven Contraptions Mod Stripper

LordXayd

I spent a lot of time last night going over how the machinery and miscellaneous factory components work.

I have two goals for this equipment, but I will only concentrate on one here:

• An auto-sorting system for everything stemming from one container.

The problem with this is pre-modded equipment.

As you know, a Combat Armor Chest can have many variable names depending on mods and therefore doesn't neatly stack in a container.

So I have been manually stripping off all armor mods so that everything neatly stacks.

However, all Combat Armor Chests, regardless of names/mods all sort (via the the Contraptions) onto the same belt path, ending up the same container.

So what I am interested in is a Machine that strips all mods from all armor that pass through it.

For armor, I think it is reasonable to have all those mods spill out onto the belt along with the vanilla armor piece since you can do that ingame manually.

Remember, you don't need special perks or quest completions to strip higher tier mods (only to create them from raws), so that's not game breaking.

After that, I can have everything diverting accordingly.

The complication with this request is weapon mods.

You cannot just strip those off manually. You have to replace them with the basic mods (which consumes raws).

Having the stripping machine spill the vanilla weapon and all mods onto the belt would be unfair if no raw material was consumed.

So for weapons, a simple conversion. Any modded weapon put through the machine will come out it's vanilla equivalent.

We'll just say that the lost mod components are the cost of doing business.

Any chance of this guys?

http://cdn.gamer-network.net/2016/usgamer/Ammunition-Plant-1.jpg

Edited by LordXayd