Running at Low FPS at Lowest Settings?

Korten12

I downloaded Skyrim (Steam Ver) to my laptop and for some reason my fps is 20 at the lowest possible settings.

Now to give a comparison, it can run BF3 on the near highest settings at 60 FPS. And Crysis 2 on High settings at 60 FPS.

Yet Skyrim is going extreamly slow, and I have no diea why. On "Can You run it" it said my laptop passes the recommended requirements. Same goes for the Nvidia Site which checked out the same results.

So I don't get why... Anyone got a solution?

Specs (Note I have the latest Drivers)

------------------

System Information

------------------

Time of this report: 11/13/2011, 23:34:26

Machine name: ------

Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.110622-1506)

Language: English (Regional Setting: English)

System Manufacturer: TOSHIBA

System Model: Qosmio X775

BIOS: BIOS Date: 07/28/11 16:16:07 Ver: AMI APTIO 1.30

Processor: Intel® Core i7-2630QM CPU @ 2.00GHz (8 CPUs), ~2.0GHz

Memory: 6144MB RAM

Available OS Memory: 6050MB RAM

Page File: 3105MB used, 8993MB available

Windows Dir: C:\windows

DirectX Version: DirectX 11

DX Setup Parameters: Not found

User DPI Setting: Using System DPI

System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)

DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled

DxDiag Version: 6.01.7601.17514 64bit Unicode

GeForce GTX 560M

Edited by Korten12

anyone got an idea?

Your system specifications do not include your video card information.

Also you do not need to hide that information in a spoiler in your own post asking for help I do not think, since anyone who is actually going to help will want to know that information,

I am going to assume though that it is the GeForce 560M.

I am not exactly sure what is causing the problem since it should run solid, but try to raise your resolution. I have been seeing very odd symptoms with Skyrim. If I run at 1920x1080 I get 25-55fps with everything ultra +ini tweaks on a GeForce 460 OC.

If I lower the resolution to anything lower than that my fps plummets to 5-25. NO idea what is causing this.

If you have not already, follow the graphical tweaking guides in the mods section or on various gaming sites. That list things such as disabling vsync and so on.

Specifically this link should help things look better as well as run better: Enhanced Skyrim Center.

anyone got an idea?

Your system specifications do not include your video card information.

Also you do not need to hide that information in a spoiler in your own post asking for help I do not think, since anyone who is actually going to help will want to know that information,

I am going to assume though that it is the GeForce 560M.

I am not exactly sure what is causing the problem since it should run solid, but try to raise your resolution. I have been seeing very odd symptoms with Skyrim. If I run at 1920x1080 I get 25-55fps with everything ultra +ini tweaks on a GeForce 460 OC.

If I lower the resolution to anything lower than that my fps plummets to 5-25. NO idea what is causing this.

If you have not already, follow the graphical tweaking guides in the mods section or on various gaming sites. That list things such as disabling vsync and so on.

Specifically this link should help things look better as well as run better: Enhanced Skyrim Center.

Close, GeForce GTX 560M. I added it to the first post, thought I had it. I shall try that ESC.

My laptop is also running slow as hell .. medium setting and it lags everywhere ...

My specs are similar to yours:

Intel Core i7 2630QM(2.00GHz)

8GB Memory DDR3

NVIDIA GeForce GT 555M

I mean I should be able to run it at medium without lag right? But right now the game is just unplayable even on medium ...

Hope someone has a solution.

Hey, I solved my low FPS issue. Here's what I did:

- turned power to "performance" mode

- did a "chkdsk"

- turn 3D option to "performance"

- updated my Nvidia driver.

Before my game (with medium settings) was running on low FPS all the time with or without enemy.

Now it lags only once in awhile in places where there's a lot of stuff going on. Even when there are multiple enemies there's no lag!! I could actually attack/slash without any lag now!!

Give it a try!!

Hey, I solved my low FPS issue. Here's what I did:

- turned power to "performance" mode

- did a "chkdsk"

- turn 3D option to "performance"

- updated my Nvidia driver.

Before my game (with medium settings) was running on low FPS all the time with or without enemy.

Now it lags only once in awhile in places where there's a lot of stuff going on. Even when there are multiple enemies there's no lag!! I could actually attack/slash without any lag now!!

Give it a try!!

I tried, but it didn't work. D: