ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

Textures All in one in a bsa file

NeonoName

Hi there, (im from germany sry for my english :biggrin: )

so my Problem is, I dont have any idea from modding, but i love it and i want to try it.

Downloaded the FalloutNV Mod Manager and a plugin for Photoshop. So far no Problems, exept of on:

All my Textures Files are in one bsa file. And i have no idea how to put for Example, a blood mod into that bsa file.

It would be nice if anyone would be so kind and tell my how :).

greetz from Germany

simple: before the game looks into the .bsa files it checks for any files in the data folders and uses that instead.

so all you have to do is place your mod file at the appropiate location (outside the .bsa)

within skyrims data folder structure.

finnito.

ps: if you dont know what i mean, take a look at how the nightsky texture mod works.

do not ever modify the original .bsa that come with the game. only extract from it.

Edited by Nadimos

The .bsa will and must stay the same. When the game needs to load a texture, he will load it from the data/textures folder if the texture is here, and from the .bsa if it isn't. Simple as that.

That way, if you want to go back to the original texture (if it has problems or you don't like it anymore), you just have to delete the files.