Marriage

TheUprightMan

Ya does any one know how to get Shahvee i was like lvl 25 and still could not get her to notice the amulet i saw that she a has a "favor" online but she wont offer it any help would be much appreciated

any one know if there are same sex marrages? or would that be askin too much? fable mannaged it... tho in fable you could marry practicaly anyone! if not you think some one would make a mod for it?

ok ignore me... ive just found out that you can.... lol

Edited by Pahrias12

Aela won't be available until you finish all the main Companion quests.

Don't expect too much from marriage in this game. The only real benefits are home cooked meals with some stat bonuses, and money coming from a shop your spouse sets up (which you have to ask for, it doesn't come to you automatically.) There is no affection aside from her or him calling you "love", "dear", etc. No kissing, no Bioware romps in bed or even the more comical style from the Fable series. No affection at all, and no extra dialogue about it either.

Apparently, Nords get babies from storks.

I got the silly pendant of whatever from that one crumby city but none of the dames on the "These girls will marry you" list will even talk to me about the subject. I've done quests for Aela the crazy companion lady but she still won't be my betrothed.

Am I bugged, or is something wrong?

Most ladies would like to find a man with job or some sort of stable income. Helps if you look good.

maybe it's because I'm a werewolf? Maybe these girls don't want to share a bed with a dude who smells like wet mutt?

I dunno, I'm not even given the option to be nice or to do things for them ladies. Do some of those things only unlock after certain quests?

Smelling like a dog might be a hindrance in it self, but I think the hair is your biggest issue. Try getting hair cut and seeing what that does.

I got the silly pendant of whatever from that one crumby city but none of the dames on the "These girls will marry you" list will even talk to me about the subject. I've done quests for Aela the crazy companion lady but she still won't be my betrothed.

From what I have seen so far, every marriageable character has some kind of quest-completion requirement to become available. Some are pretty short (Ysolda), while others may be very long or have special triggers for their own quests (Aela, Lydia). Being a werewolf should have little or no effect on your bride-to-be, though advertising your position as the Upright Man may impede things when the Virtuous or Sagacious Man try to replace you. :whistling:

From what I have seen so far, every marriageable character has some kind of quest-completion requirement to become available. Some are pretty short (Ysolda), while others may be very long or have special triggers for their own quests (Aela, Lydia). Being a werewolf should have little or no effect on your bride-to-be, though advertising your position as the Upright Man may impede things when the Virtuous or Sagacious Man try to replace you. :whistling:

Correct.

I'm betrothed to Mjoll and before I could propose, I had to retrieve her sword.

We're happily adventuring together until I can buy a nice house for both of us :D