Shared Chests - Object Reference in Furniture

Hi people, I'm new here, and completely new to FO4 modding. I'm trying to add craftable shared chests to the game, containers that share the same inventory no matter where they are. Basicly I create a closed cell with a few containers, and then I add craftable furniture fake chests that activate the real chests remotely. I found in a Skyrim tutorial that there is a script which does exactly that. It's called Activate_LinkedChestDummyScript, but I couldn't find it in FO4, so I tried to make it myself. Looking at some old post for FO3, I tried to adapt an old script to the new syntaxis and made this:

Scriptname RemoteOpenContainer extends ObjectReference

ObjectReference LinkedChest

Event OnActivate(ObjectReference Activator)
	LinkedChest = self.GetLinkedRef()
	LinkedChest.Activate(Game.GetPlayer())
EndEvent

Its supposed to activate a linked reference, every time the object itself is activated. If I add this script to a Static object, I could add the real chest as a reference, and perhaps it could work. However, the fake chest does not exist, it's a constructable item. So, to attach a script to it, I need to make it a Furniture, right? But as I can see in the Furniture properties window, there is not a way to add references to it. Is there another way to accomplish what I'm trying to do? Sorry if my question is too basic.